Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 12  (Read 2348 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 11:45:13 PM »

“Such a little smart Alec,” he joked as he then looked up.

“We might have to switch it up.. I don’t know if Viximon and I would be the best for being up front at the moment.”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2022, 12:05:00 AM »

The blond tamer grimaced. "Yeah, makes sense," he said, cringing as he stared at the path ahead.

And so it went. After recovering from his semi-heart attack, Gazimon led the way across the bridge, followed up by Ike, Kukuimon, Malie, Alemana, Viximon, Vivi, then Eyesmon.

"Ugh, this place gives me the creeps," grumbled Ike. "Getting Woodmon vibes from every one of these trees."

"If these were all Woodmon, I'd think we'd already know, boss." Even saying this, Gazimon couldn't help having his ears fold behind his head as he looked at every tree they passed. It only got worse when the lanterns started to glow a pallid blue, despite neither flame nor lightbulb found within.

"Woah, what's with the lanterns?" asked Vivi. "Look like something straight out of a Japanese horror movie."

"Would you stop jinxing us!" hissed Ike.

"I kinda like it," mused Malie.

"I'm not sure I agree, Malie," said Kukuimon. "It feels like we're being watched."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2022, 12:30:10 AM »

Alemana would gently hold the kit in his arms as the walked, before placing her atop his head so she had a high vantage point “So you can get a good look.” He said as he looked this way and that. “I don’t know about a horror movie .. but this place definitely feels.. forgotten. It’s kinda sad when you think about it.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2022, 12:44:26 AM »

"Hey wait!" said Viximon, the kit pounding her tiny forelegs against Al's head. "Turn back! Nono, left! LEFT!!" As Al obliged the fox, all he saw was more gloom and trees. "I saw something!" she said. "It was right there a second ago! Al, why didn't you look?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2022, 01:07:08 AM »

Alemana would turn his head to see what had gotten her in a frenzy, and then he turned around again to try to match her directions. “Sorry, I missed it!” He said apologetically. What did it look like, from what you could catch?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2022, 01:27:43 AM »

"Like you weren't looking the right way!"

A black tendril rose from Vivi's shadow, Eyesmon whispering something into the girl's ear.

"Wait," she said, stopping in her tracks. "Eyes saw something, too..."

Everyone fell quiet. Standing still, they each scanned their surroundings, before Vivi pointed out over the water. A long, tattered stream of cloth hung from the branches, lined with stitch-work here and there that made for all the more miserable a state. What parts remained free from impalement by twig and branch fluttered in the breeze, moving, but unable to escape.

"Oh good," said Ike. "Somebody TP'd a tree."

"That's no TP," said Viximon, standing atop Al's head on all fours. "Look how it's billowing. We'd have felt a breeze like that if it was real!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2022, 01:33:43 AM »

“Hey, I said I was sorry!” He said as he then stopped mid step at Vivi’s words.. and when they saw the fabric, he would stare at the tree with great interest.

“Do you think those strips could be.. alive?” He asked softly.. looking up at Viximon, somewhat concerned by her body language.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2022, 01:41:05 AM »

When none of the tamers or their digimon turned away, when it seemed the jig was up, the phantom wind that pulled at the cloth rippled and roiled till it slipped free of the tree! And fly it did! Racing straight towards the group to the sound of distant wailing!

[Roll to Dodge with a -2 penalty!]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2022, 02:27:08 PM »

Alemana gasped and pulled Viximon down into the safety of his arms as he tried to juke to the side!

[Rolling : 4 6 2 5 = 2 suxx]]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2022, 02:48:38 PM »

The incoming fabric launched itself like a snake post-coil, striking directly where Alemana had been to cut clean through the bridge! But it was far from done. On and on it stretched, the front of it folding in on itself to form the vague shape of a fist! Falling like a hammer towards Al, Vixi, Eyes and Vivi!

"DECEPTIVE ILLUSION!!" roared Eyesmon, as Vivi's digivice glowed with violet light. In an instant, A conical wall built itself from out of thin air, impaling the foe and sending its kinetic force into the surrounding environ, only to disintegrate a split-second later!

The same could not be said of the haunted cloth, already spiraling up towards the canopy, a wicked face forming near the front of its length.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:12:12 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2022, 02:58:55 PM »

Alemana turned his body to act as a shield for Viximon, closing his eyes and waiting for the hit- only to breathe a sigh of relief- looking up at Eyesmon. “Thank you Eyesmon!” He then looked at the evil looking cloth. “Hey, what’s your deal?!” He called out.. slowly pulling out his digivice to scan it.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2022, 03:21:31 PM »

But no words came from the anomaly. And as Alemana pulled up his digivice, neither was there any data to be found. In vicious mockery, laughter rang out from the ever-moving folds, winding and weaving about itself as it maintained altitude.

[Roll Initiative suckah! >8D ]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2022, 04:12:28 PM »

[Rolling: 3 5 2 + 6= 16]

Alemana would hold his grip on Viximon as he backpedaled, calling out to the others as he thought of a plan as his partner wriggled in his arms- clearly wanting to get into the action. “Vivi, Eyesmon! Make a net, tangle it up! That should slow it down enough for Ike and Gazi to hit it with a Stun Blast! Malie, Kukui! When it looks like you have an opening.. try to hit it hard!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2022, 04:40:44 PM »

*Rollz*

[Team Shonen goes first]

"You got it!" said Vivi. "Eyes, jump-scare him!"

"My favorite!" snarled the dragon, voice gutteral as she slithered into the ambient darkness. All around, violet eyes blinked into existence, Eyesmon's warped giggling giving the callous laughter of the foe a fight for dominance. "JANENGAN!!" she cried, eyes turning red as they fired crimsons beams of light. Yet the sheet monster cackled and dodged, streaming through the sudden web of energy. Then came another "DECEPTIVE ILLUSION!!" from the dragon, and nets of every shape and size began materializing up above. Some were too wide a gap, however, with the monster slipping through without effort, but just enough of them were not, and so pulled the fiend down towards the group!

"Now!" said Ike, pumping his fists.

"Electric Stun Blast!"

"Molucca Bomb!"

As the team worked their magic, however, Al was having his own problems.

"Al, lemme go!" huffed Viximon, an angry smile on her face as glared at the enemy. "I gotta help!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2022, 05:39:39 PM »

Alemana let out a sigh of relief as the plan appeared to be working. “Good job! Now hit it again! We gotta figure what this thing is and what it wants!” He called out, keeping what he hoped was a respectable distance from the creature as he struggled to hold onto the squirming kit. “Viximon, no! You’re still recovering and those three have a handle on it! We’re gonna sit back for now and let them take care of it this time!”

His words were stern and reasonable.. him keeping her out of the line of fire made sense. At the same time, while he could rationalize his reasons to anyone else without much cause for suspicion in this situation.. He couldn’t hide the apprehension he was feeling from Viximon. He was hesitant to let her put herself on the line so soon after the disastrous encounter last night. More than that.. he was anxious about having her digivolve..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea