Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:52:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 12  (Read 2351 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2022, 08:40:22 PM »

Viximon hesitated, her own anxieties conflicting within her chest, from what Alemana could tell.

"The nets are breaking!" said Malie, her voice drawing boy and kit's attention alike. Indeed, the possessed rag was thrashing in the bog water, cutting its way through every iteration of net Eyesmon continued dropping on it. Every attack made by the others made the already weak restraints dissipate faster, though not before giving them extra pot shots at the foe.

"Let him have it, Gaz!" said Ike, "Rip it to shreds!"

Snarling, Gazimon jumped off the bridge, clawing at the evil fabric till he tore through. Still the maniacal laughter echoed out, pushing the chimera to rip at it faster and harder.

"Are we even fighting a real digimon?" whispered Vivi to Al. "The digivices aren't picking up anything, but it's clearly there!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2022, 09:22:36 PM »

He thought about that, and after he hoisted Viximon to one arm he began scanning around the trees with the Digivice to see if he couldn’t see anything.
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2022, 09:27:30 PM »

[Hmm... roll Perception with a -2 penalty]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2022, 09:29:14 PM »

[Rolling: 3 2 5 + 7 - 2= 15]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2022, 09:49:59 PM »

Though the trees and the all the noise of the ongoing battle, Alemana focused his attention. Yet for all his searching, nothing pinged on his digivice. But somehow, deep down, he knew something was there. If working alongside Viximon had taught him anything, trickery came in all shapes and sizes.

"Aright," panted Gazimon, his swipes at the now tattered scraps before him slowing down. "Aright, I think I... got 'em... ooph...!"

The laughter died down to a distant giggling, before all fell quiet over the scene. Despite this, Viximon remained on high alert, her hackles rising as she growled.

Suddenly, Gazimon, went stiff before scrambling back towards the bridge. "Pull me up!" he chanted. "PULL ME UP!!"

Startled, Ike and Malie rushed to the side and grabbed ahold of both of the chimera's arms, straining to hoist him up.

"Gahhhh--this place is cursed!" groveled Gaz, panicking as he brushed off the moss covering his arms before shaking the water out of his fur. "Something brushed up against my leg, I swear!"

"Geez, chill out already!" said Ike. "You're fine!"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 04:18:04 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2022, 04:11:03 PM »

Alemana watched, his eyes scanning this way and that as he began to form a theory in his head.. and he then would shout to the wind “Oh no, whatever will we do?! There’s no way we can beat such a terrifying monster! They’re too horrifying and amazing! If only we were as cool and mysterious as they were! We’d give them a huge high five!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2022, 04:19:47 PM »

[Hmm... roll Persuade]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2022, 06:29:07 PM »

[Rolling: 2 6 3 + 6 = 17]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2022, 07:17:21 PM »

Silence lingered in the air, the sound of lonely windchimes soon echoing somewhere in the darkness. Between the notes thus rung, an airy chuckle seeped into being, a thin rasp that whispered words into Al's ears as if right beside him.

"Flattery," it said. "Coming from anyone else, it might have even been believable."

Al heard the others move, saw their eyes darting about as they turned around or ducked from surprise.

"Show yourself!" barked Viximon. "Who are you?!"

"Neither enemy, nor friend... friend... frieeeeend..." the voice lingered on the word, breathing it out as if almost alien or hard to pronounce.

"I-I see it!" said Eyesmon, the dragon coiling around Vivi. "I don't know what it is, but I know it's a ghost digimon!"

"Where?" asked her tamer.

"Overhead!"

"ELECTRIC STUN BLAST!!" howled Gazimon, firing off his attack. The EMP cloud he belched forth flew up and over the group, forming a silhouette that Al could finally scan.

//Oboromon
++//Level: Ultimate
++//Type: Ghost
++//Attribute: Virus
++//Family: Nightmare Soldiers
++//Attacks: Countless Tachi, Grudge Curse, Rashomon, Yugen
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:48:38 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2022, 09:34:25 PM »

And his eyes looked at the digivice, his eyes staring at it in disbelief. Really? Another Ultimate?! He would gently take hold of Viximon and then hold her away from The Oboromon.

“Well.. if you’re neither, could you kindly leave us be? We have somewhere we need to go.” He said as he kept his voice calm and measured.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2022, 10:05:45 PM »

A sound like the straining of tendons and popping of cartilage preceded a reed-thin sigh. The tip of something rusted poked through the lingering cloud of Gazimon's blast only to swing down as it became clear it was a katana's blade. Pushing side the dying cloud, a visage made itself known. Glowing yellow eyes shined beneath a conical, straw hat, impaled by lilac horns and stamped with talismanic paper charms. Of the creature's face, only its broken teeth were visible from behind shriveled lips, the rest casting in shadow and bandage, whilst white hair hung to either side of its countenance. A tattered cloak covered all else but the neck, which lay wrapped in familiar scarf of stitched and mottled fabric.

"And where would that be?" asked the phantom. "What would bring you so far out into the 'Uhane Swamp?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 10:58:20 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2022, 10:10:50 PM »

“Business regarding some evil lady who has to be stopped. That’s why.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2022, 11:24:58 PM »

"Business," echoed Oboromon, wheezing out a cackle.

"Y-yeah," said Ike with a wavering grin, wrapping a hand around Al's wrist. "Business, and we're in a bit of a rush, so we'll be moving along!"

"Oh but just arrived," mused the ghost. "It's been so long since anyone wandered through here. Not even the Ghostmon visit my neck of the bog, these days."

That's when Malie spoke up. "Fess up," she said. "I knows a set up when I sees it. So what you want, dark specter of death?"

Ike, Gaz, and Kukuimon went pale as a sheet as they let their jaws drop and stare at the girl. Malie, however, had her eyes locked on Oboromon.

The phantom craned its neck to one side, regarding her.

"Straight onto the point," he rasped. "No fun at all."

"(Malie,)" whispered Ike through his teeth, eye twitching like mad. "(What are you doing?)"

The phantom continued. "I'd offer a wager. Win, and I let every last one of you go free. Lose? Well... it's called the 'Uhane Swamp for a reason."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »

Feeling  that hand on his wrist, Alemana would glance down for a moment before back up at Oboromon, his expression tense as he locked his jaw. When Malie spoke up, and the specter issued its challenge.. his grip on Viximon grew a bit more protective.

“And what wager is that?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2022, 03:06:26 PM »

Oboromon turned his head away, muttering under his breath as if conversing with someone, but all the others saw was empty air.

"(Yes... yessss... that's good,)" he whispered, before glancing back at Alemana and co. "I wager that you cannot escape my domain before the moon meets its zenith tonight."

"Domain?" echoed Vivi.

"Tch, that's easy!" said Eyesmon. "We'll just go back the way we came!"

Oboromon let loose a wicked, hollow laugh. "I think not," he said. "Try, and I will strike you down. Even should you run and evade me, the way you came from will not reveal itself until I will it or am deleted."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea