Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 13  (Read 2761 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 10:11:08 PM »

Alemana would gently hold out his hand out so Ike could grab it. “Sorry, sorry!” He said as he glanced over at Vivi “if this is due to her, it’s no wonder she’s been able to  cause all the havoc she’s been causing this island..” and he would look at her digivice. “I’m sure Eyes is fine.. she’s probably talking mad smack about Renamon right now,” he said to help lighten the mood.

“Let’s go find that waterfall!”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 10:39:05 PM »

The boy would hear a mirthful raspberry being blown in the back of his head as Renamon folded her arms and feigned indifference. Smiling, the vulpine then leapt towards a nearby tree, leading the others from the canopy. The sound of running water soon met with Alemana's ears after that, growing louder with every step. But when he and the others arrived, they found not the base of a waterfall, but the ledge of one, and beyond it, a sight to behold. It was like staring at an island in a sea of trees, surrounded on all sides by steep, sheer canyon cliffs of red and orange-yellow stone. Waterfalls poured out and fanned into a mist as it neared the bottom, which Al somehow knew was deeper than the ravine he, Renamon Ike and Gazimon had climbed down after escaping Woodmon so long ago. Beneath a golden sun, the island almost looked like a colossal tortoise shell carved by the elements over thousands of years.

"...That looks a lair," offered Wormmon. "It also looks too steep to climb."

"I can see a bridge," said Renamon, eyes narrowing as she knelt down on one knee. "Likely the only way across besides flying."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 11:14:18 PM »

(“Be nice Rena, even if you’re way more adorable,”) he teased as they continued on. Eventually they found the source.. and even he couldn’t help but allow the wonder leave his lips as he stared at the smaller island within the ocean of greenery - and once more while he wouldn’t know it at the time.. the vista before them would be a scene that would imprint itself into his memories for the rest of his life.

“I wonder if this is why she calls herself the green lady,” he muttered to himself, before then looking up to where Renamon was perched. “Does it seem like there are any digimon hiding about?”

Now looking towards Vivi “Have you been able to talk to Eyes?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 11:36:18 PM »

"I see digimon near and across the bridge," said the vulpine. "Too far away to make out what kind. Short and two-legged, maybe Gwappamon?"

Before Vivi could respond, a sudden gust of wind blasted the group, causing the others to shield their faces as a dirt cloud flew past them. Alemana, however, was unable to follow their example, as he was too busy being smothered in the coils of something barbed, black, and covered in eyes.

"ALY POOOOO!!" cheered Eyesmon, coiling tight the boy as crushed her cheek(?) against his. "You really DO care!!"

"Off him! NOW!" chided Renamon.

Vivi rushed forward. "Eyes!" she said. "You had me scared to death! What happened?"

The dark dragon froze in mid-squeeze, pinions folding in as she bowed her head and looked up at her tamer in shame.

"S-sorry, Vi," she said. "Won't happen again."

"That's kinda beside the point," said Ike, deadpan. "Know anything about that island over there?"

"...I know it's not safe to fly over."

"Why? Are there gun turrets?" asked Vivi.

"Mmmm--yes but no. They're like anti-air missile platforms."

"MISSLE PLATFORMS?!!" gawked Gazimon.

"Yep, at regular intervals of 60 degrees in every direction."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 11:54:54 PM »

Alemana barely had time to Yelp in alarm as he was wrapped in those coils

“Hey.. you’re.. safe..! He wheezed out before Vivi and Renamon chided the dark dragon. Catching his breath, he would look out at the stronghold- for that’s what it truly was, and he would take a few deep breaths to calm himself.

“Missiles huh.. that’s some serious firepower. But that might make things easier than it first looks for us. Missiles are fast.. but bullets are way faster.. and much smaller and harder to hit. If we are smart.. we could put a hole in their defenses before they have a chance to really counter attack.” And he then smiled at both Gazimon and Eyesmon.

“And you two are the perfect mons for the job!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2022, 12:23:30 AM »

Gazimon's left ear perked up. "Huh? Uh, wanna run that by me one more time, chief?"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:27:33 AM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2022, 12:31:11 AM »

“Think about it? You and Eyesmon can take out those missile launchers like this: Eyesmon makes heavy clouds around you as Gargoylemon, and with that cover you’ll fly over a section of their perimeter and destroy them. And while you’re causing that distraction we will storm the bridge!” And he then added

“And if things go south we will have an escape route thanks to you taking out those turrets!”
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:33:01 AM by Korogra » Logged
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2022, 12:45:48 AM »

"Right, just don't get shot," said the chimera, wincing. "Easy."

"If you can dodge cannonballs, you can dodge a couple of missiles," mused Renamon.

"Don't push it, toots, aright? Aright."

"Joking aside, though, I'm concerned about getting into a fight on the bridge. From what I could make out, they're supported by ropes and wooden planks, interconnected between two small islands that act as check points - before reaching the main island."

"I see what you mean," said Kukuimon. "If we try to run across, we won't be able to digivolve without risk of collapsing the whole thing, or worse, setting it on fire."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2022, 12:51:14 AM »

“Don’t worry Gazimon, you can do this! Believe in the me that believes in you!” Al helpfully encouraged as he looked at the islands.. and then looked at Renamon as a a sly smile began crossing her face. “If you’re worried about setting the bridge on fire.. I think Renamon’s new trick could help with that. Do you think you could tap into it again, Rena?”

Mentally he added (“I don’t think I’m .. I mean.. I don’t think Kyubimon’s the best choice for those narrow bridges, is all.”)

He definitely wasn’t saying that because he was still nervous about Kyubimon, no sir.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:53:18 AM by Korogra » Logged
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2022, 01:01:10 AM »

"I'm not sure," she mused. "Haven't tried since the first time~"

"That you were able to armor digivolve in the first place is still baffling to me," thought Wormmon aloud.

"Hm? Did you say something, Wormmon?"

"Mumblin'!" said Gazimon. "What'd I tell ya?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2022, 01:26:58 AM »

“Well I mean we just gotta try—“ he then turned his head to look at Wormon

“Okay, hold up a minute. Wormon, do you know anything about that Armor thing?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2022, 01:32:49 AM »

The caterpillar tilted his head to one side. "Armor digivolution? Well, maybe just a little, not that I'm trying to toot my own horn."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2022, 01:36:22 AM »

He would gently lift Wormon off Malie’s head and put him on the ground, kneeling down. “Could you tell us about it? It might help us figure out how to properly use it.. and that would be incredibly appreciated Wormon.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2022, 01:38:09 AM »

[Hmm... roll me Persuade]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2022, 01:40:21 AM »

[Rolling: 3 2 5 + 6 = 16]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea