Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 13  (Read 2763 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2023, 03:09:47 PM »

"I'll be back on the street on my way back to my house in that case.." And he would let out a sigh of relief. It seemed that they were all in Hilo after all. ("Yeah, yeah you're right-") he began.. when Ike's outburst caught him off guard. "H-huh..!? What are you talking about Ike?" He asked, putting a hand on his shoulder
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2023, 06:51:22 PM »

Ike flinched, backing out of Al's reach. "It's not my fault, alright?! I swear to god, I didn't do anything!"

Menehunamon raised an oversized hand. "Calm down, keiki," he said. "Now tell me what happened."

Clenching his jaw, Ike grabbed at the sides of his head, stepping towards Al, then turning his back to the group, then spinning right back around. "I just wanted to fit in," he said. "Growing up poor, you get picked on by everyone, even by kids in the same boat. There were these two guys, though, I-I thought they got it. They understood where I was coming from. We'd hang out, talk about crap on the internet, listen to podcasts--but it was all a hoax, wasn't it! They only hung out with me because my dad own's a pawnshop. I'd let 'em take stuff nobody'd buy, and let them in at night whenever they needed to get away from their folks."

As the pitch in the boy's voice threatened to crack, Gazimon tapped the side of his partner's arm. They locked eyes, the chimera's ears folding back against his head as he nodded at Ike.

"...I didn't know they were doing B&E stuff around town," said Ike. Eyesmon was about to gasp, only for Renamon to gesture for silence. "I thought they were taking me over to a friend's house. They told me it was safe. I didn't think anything when they started looking for a spare key. It's only when they'll pulled out the crowbar and broke through the backdoor I got second thoughts." The blonde clenched his fists, shuddering as he stared down at the ground. "I'm not a crook," he rasped. "I swear I didn't know. Yeah, I'm just a damn moron. The alarm went off, some old lady came downstairs, but the others were already gone." He shook his head, "I was so scared," he said, raising his arm to cover his eyes. "I didn't know what to do until she turned on the lights and saw him. I ran, but I could already hear the cop sirens. I tripped up in some back alley, trying to scale a wall. When I got to the Digital World, I thought I'd died, that this was what I deserved. A nobody too stupid to live."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 07:41:56 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2023, 07:37:52 PM »

Alemana listened to his story, and as he listened.. he noticed a lot about his behavior in the past that seemed overly defensive or combative.. he could see why. But when Ike said that he didn’t deserve to live.. Al would walk up to him quite suddenly and then hugged the boy.. pulling him close.

“Shut up.. don’t ever say that again…” he said softly.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2023, 07:48:54 PM »

Ike's jaw dropped, his body trembling in place. "Al," he said, neither pushing away nor embracing the tamer. "Wh-what're you--"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2023, 07:55:51 PM »

“You’re not a moron, and you’re not a bad kid.. you just made a mistake because you met people who you thought could be friends.. that doesn’t make you dumb. You were giving them a chance, putting your heart out there.. and they took advantage of a lonely boy who just wanted to connect with people. That isn’t your fault! But.. but you never.. ever have to worry about us thinking of you any differently. We’ve been through so much together.. we’ve dodged death more times that I can count.. we’re freaking gonna try to save the whole damn world! We’ve even.. we’ve killed for each other so we can all be safe. You’re one of us Ike, always have been and always will be!” Al said as he hugged him a bit harder.. tears beading at the corners of his eyes.

“We ride together and we die together.. that’s what best friends do,” he said as he glanced at the others.. motioning them closer. “That goes for all of us.. you guys.. all of you are the best friends I could ever ask for..”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2023, 08:48:23 PM »

Gazimon was the first to embrace the two tamers, followed by Renamon, then Menehunemon, and then the rushing wave that was the rest. All save Antmon, who watched the group as he took off his hardhat and bowed his head -- and Wormmon, who stared up at the larger insectoid as they stood side-by-side. For Ike's part, all he could do was let the tears flow, gasping as he tried in vain to hold them back. And as the dam of emotions broke over the blonde, he returned Al's hug like a drowning man to a lifebuoy.

"I'm g-gonna ki-kick yer aa-a-ass!" he sobbed, a smile struggling across his face he hugged the taller tamer.

[Gain +1 Inspiration]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2023, 10:02:12 PM »

“H-hah.. promises, promises..!” Was Al’s reply ad they all hugged for a long moment before he slowly let go.. looking at Menehunemon “Is such a thing possible? Moving him a mile away?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2023, 10:22:14 PM »

The ancient digimon stroked his beard, grumbling. "You're asking a lot, keiki. It's like shooting a cannon to hit a doorknob on another island." He glanced at each of the others, letting out a sigh before bobbing his head. "Alright, I'll see what I can do."

"For real?" asked Ike, rubbing away the tears on his face.

"No, I like giving people's hopes up--of course I'll do it!"

The elation in everyone's faces at the news was impossible to ignore, but Menehunemon pounded the butt of his ko'i, calling for silence. "This is gonna take time to do! I need to work it out while tagging your digivices to the Gate's heiau! Ike's especially!"

"How long will that take?" asked Renamon.

"I dunno, maybe an hour, maybe six?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2023, 03:25:56 AM »

Alemana would smile as he then hugged Kuku

“Thank you.”

And with that taken care of,. He would wipe his eyes. “Well then.. let’s go save the world..!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2023, 05:00:00 PM »

With these words, the stage was set, the roles rehearsed, and the die was cast. In a space between realities, the group readied themselves for the final push. All that stood in their way was a dragon that had suffered the wrath of a god, and lived. Yet in the shadow of war, dire threats lurk, and in the face of damnation, more than mettle shall be judged.

CHAPTER COMPLETED

Revelations! +2 EXP +2 DP
Flawless Mountain Siege! +2 EXP +1 DP +1 Inspiration
The Green Lady! +3 EXP +3 DP +2 Inspiration
Peace at the Heart of Intrigue! +1 EXP +1 Inspiration
The Old Roads! +1 EXP +1 Inspiration

Total: 9 EXP, +6 DP, + 4 Inspiration!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:15:05 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea