Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 2  (Read 2503 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2022, 01:19:10 AM »

The great fox nodded, leaping into the air - much to the surprise and shock of Ike and Gazimon. And as the sinkhole turned into a firepit behind them, the group near flew safe and away from the scene, finding sanctuary due-west, where open grass clung to the edge of the jungle's treeline.

It was nearly twilight when Kyubimon stopped. The pillar of smoke from the battle was far away, and the others near kissed the ground after they slid off the vulpine's back.

"Just leave me here," moaned Gazimon. "I'm good for a dirt nap."

"I've got cuts and bruises all over the place," said Ike.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2022, 01:36:16 AM »

Alemana looked back, and he would scratch at Kyubimon’s neck as he simply lay on her back.. letting out a long sigh or relief. “Great job Kyubimon.. thank you so much.”

He would tiredly then look at his digivice, checking the map.

“Just have to find the other person now.. yeah, that should be just as easy as this trip was, right Kyubimon?”

He then looked at Gazimon and Ike from his perch. “That reminds me.. if you guys don’t have anything better to do.. I think it’s time that I tell you why I came out here to find you. Well, aside from helping out another kid in this crazy place.”

Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2022, 01:47:21 AM »

"Maybe a little less exciting," chuckled Kyubimon.

The others turned at a snail's pace, their faces almost melting in place from sheer exhaustion.

"Yeah?" managed Ike. "Alright, spill it."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2022, 02:09:08 AM »

Laughing, he would give her ear a playful rub as  he then slid off her back, and rested against her like a pillow as he began to recount everything that had happened before he met the pair: from waking up on the grass bed and getting cornered by Stingmon, Renamon saving him and doing battle with the bug.. her first Digivolution into Kyubimon.. their meeting with Kuku and the revelation of the Green Lady, her murderous obsession with hunting humans, and the dilemma regarding the door connecting the Digital World and the Real World.. and finally Alemana’s personal mission to find whatever Tamers he could and bring them to safety. With any luck.. if enough people could group up then maybe.. they could confront the Green Lady and force her to let them go home.

“.. And that’s everything, so far.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2022, 02:22:32 AM »

By the time Alemana had finished his story, it was nearing nightfall. Though to her credit, Kyubimon had managed to solve the issue of heat by setting alight a nearby, overturned stump. Campfire made, Gazimon and Ike were better at ease.

"Shit's been wild since day one," said Ike. "And you're sure about this Lady-chick?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2022, 02:28:56 AM »

Nestled up next to Kyubimon, he would give a half shrug. “I mean.. we won’t really know for sure unless we meet her..but Menehunemon was pretty insistent that she was the one who is behind the gateway messing up and the digimon hunting people down. And he hasn’t done much to make me think that he would lie about something like this. I get the feeling that if he wanted to , he could’ve smashed me and Kyubimon flat without even trying.. so I don’t think he’s a bad guy.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2022, 04:09:41 PM »

"I can vouch for Menehunemon," said Kyubimon. "If he believes the Green Lady's a threat, then we need to be ready for her."

Ike eyed the great fox. "You, I still don't get," he said. "Me and Gazimon've been in TONS of scrapes, and he's never digivolved."

"I'm sitting right here," grumbled the chimera.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 04:21:47 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2022, 04:17:44 PM »

“Well if Kyubimon trusts his word, I don’t see a reason to doubt it.” Alemana said with a smile as he stretched out. But as he listened to Ike’s comment, he would look up at Kyubimon from his prone position, head resting on her foreleg now.

“Huh.. that is weird. If you’ve been with Gazimon this long already, it seems like you guys would’ve done it by now..” he then gently poked at one of his partners paw pads, hoping to tickle her.

“Why do you think that is?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2022, 06:37:04 PM »

Kyubimon smiled, clenching the pawpads of her tickled paw together. "Well," she said. "For the most part, digivolving requires energy. Some of that energy comes from their tamer, but if a digimon is tired, hungry, or injured, there isn't much you can do."

"She might be onto somethin' there, boss," sighed Gazimon, the rookie flopping forward onto his knees, then flat on his chin. "We've been cuttin' it close. Can't remember the last time we had a good night sleep. Just diggin' and runnin' and hidin' and more runnin'."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »

He grinned.. gently using a small twig to get in between her toes.. and then he had a thought.

“I think it has something to do with how in sync you are too.. at least that’s how it felt. We’ve done it three times now.. and I’ve started to notice this like.. vibe there happens when she does it. I can’t really explain it.. but when she’s right about to change, I get this feeling in my chest.. like electricity. It doesn’t hurt or anything.. but it’s almost like..”

He then looked up at her, trying to find the right words.

“Have you ever gotten praise from like your parents or an older sibling.. or like a best friend.. and it just made you feel like nothing could go wrong- like your on top of the world? It feels like that.. kinda. Just way more real.”

He smiles a little more somberly.

“I don’t know if the digimon feel the same, but I’d like to hope Renamon here does.”
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 07:01:46 PM by Korogra » Logged
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2022, 08:43:53 PM »

Al would feel it as Kyubimon nuzzled him, giving the boy a lick to his cheek so soft he almost thought he imagined it.

Ike went quiet, his eyes narrow even as he looked down at his feet. He only managed a smirk after he saw Gazimon make a gag gesture with his index claw.

"Well, whatever," said Ike, leaning back. "Gazimon'll digivolve when he digivolves. Bet it'll be even better than Kyubimon, too."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2022, 08:55:44 PM »

Alemana’s cheeks turned a bright red, especially when he saw both of their reactions , but he would scratch at Kyubimon’s muzzle regardless

“Hey, I’m sure he’ll Digivolve any day now, you’ve got someone to help watch your back! And it’s not a competition,”

And then he stuck his tongue out. “But nobody’s cooler than Kyubimon!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2022, 09:20:39 PM »

Ike returned the favor, but in the end the group was laughing again.

[Hmm... alright, lemme me know when you wanna call it a chapter. I can keep going, but this'll be the last scene. ;) ]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2022, 09:24:46 PM »

And he would gently snuggle up next to Kyubimon, laughing still before he turn gradually fell asleep- it had been a very Long.. very eventful, day

“Night Kyubimon… everyone.. passing out.” And then he was out cold
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2022, 10:56:30 PM »

And so it was, under the watchful eye of Kyubimon, that the group gave chase to sleep, blessed in the knowledge that their chances of seeing home again were all the higher.

Little did they know, however, that as they slept, a shadow shambled through the wilderness. Its body was ravaged, its every movement torture, the stench of its carcass drew the attentions of would-be predators for miles around. Blindness did not stop it from deleting every last one of its pursuers. And with every death, it fed. With every death, it dreamed.

Through strength of will, it would know war.

CHAPTER COMPLETED

Runaway Pitfall! 2 EXP + 1 DP
Tunnel Runner! 1 EXP
Union Mob! 1 EXP
Burning Mon! 1 EXP
Silver Tongue! 1 Inspiration

Total: 5 EXP +1 DP + 1 Inspiration!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 02:51:31 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea