Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 14  (Read 2989 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2023, 02:14:31 PM »

"I like it," said Malie. "Divine GPS for the win!"

That managed to get a chuckle out of Ike, the Samoan pulling out his digivice as he began unlocking it. "It's... not a bad plan," he said.

"Is that your professional opinion?" mused Vivi.

"Pfft, alright, it's a great plan," he said, smiling. "Happy now?"

Laughter broke out amongst the four. First stifled, now out in the open. The sound of a sharp note in the distance pulled Al's attention away to look over his shoulder.

"Alemana!" called out a middle-aged man, one hand to the side of his mouth while the other waved high above his head. Noa Sonson, father of Alemana Sonson.

[Aight describe Papa Sonson. ;3 ]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 22, 2023, 03:21:00 PM »

“It at least gives us a direction to start from,”  Al would laugh along with them.. though he gave a quick jump as he heard his fathers voice call to him. (“We might have to leave Viximon, so get ready to tail us if we do. If not, don’t worry about it- keep playing or whatever it is you guys are doing!”)

He then would wave at his father “Hey dad!” He called out as he looked at his friends “I’ll see what he wants, and then get back to you guys, okay?” He promised as he began to walk towards his dad.

Said father was hard to miss:  dressed in a blue polo shirt and brown khaki pants.. he looked like any other parent who went out to watch their child compete in a sports event. It was hard to argue that he was Al’s father as one got closer, the familial resemblance impossible to ignore between father and son.. though he definitely had what Al considered to be the dorkiness that could only belong to a teacher and a writer. Lean and seemingly not overly muscled, decently handsome for his age from a a certain point of view, Al sometimes felt embarrassed by his fathers relative goofiness compared to the more grizzled or hard boiled dads a few of his teammates.. especially with those obnoxious sunglasses he wore everywhere.. to a twelve year old.. his dad seemed as lame as lame could get!

“What’s up dad?”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2023, 07:10:52 PM »

("Aw, okay,") said Viximon. ("Tsume just tried face-hugging Pagumon, but I'll keep an eye out!")

Meanwhile, as Al approached his father, the tamer saw the man raise his arms up. "Hey there, champ!" said Noa. "What's the hold? I thought we were headin' out for a victory 'cone at Dairyman's.*" Looking up and past Al's shoulders, Noa stared at the others sitting by the bench. "New friends?" he asked.

*This setting's Dairy Queen.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2023, 07:52:01 PM »

Al almost laughed as he then looked up at his dad

“Oh yeah? That sounds great!” He then looked over at his friends “These guys are my best friends.. I’ve known them for awhile!” He said with a smile and looked back at his father, not really thinking about what he said. Viximon’s amusement at the other digimon’s shenanigans bleeding into his mind and muddling his ability to mediate his thoughts.

“Could they come with us?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2023, 09:33:36 PM »

"Best friends?" echoed Noa. "How come you never told me about any of them? Did you meet online or something?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2023, 09:36:27 PM »

“Uh, yeah! You can say that!” He said waving his hands in an nonchalant manner, grinning like any other kid, showing that both hands had the scars
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2023, 09:42:37 PM »

"WOAH!!" Noa caught Al by the wrist, staring square at the boy's palm. "Geez, what happened to your hands, Al? Is this from practice?!"

Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2023, 10:16:51 PM »

This caused the boy to to stutter, his smile now gone “Well, uh… these are-“ he fumbled. This was what he was worried about!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2023, 10:36:38 PM »

"These don't look fresh, either! When did--"

Just as it seemed like the jig was up, the two were interrupted by the blonde interceptor that was Ike. "Ho there!" said the Samoan, rushing between Al and Noa. "You're Al's dad, huh? That's awesome! Name's Ike! Real great to meet ya! Cool game going on back there, do you coach?"

Noa took a step, he motioned to speak, only to bump into Malie behind him.

"Woooow!" said the longhaired tamer, beaming with her arms behind her back. "You really do look like each other, huh? My mom says I take more after my dad. Do you know him?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2023, 10:45:46 PM »

Al couldn’t say it, but the relief he felt and the returning smile was all the thanks he needed to give “Yeah, do you know her dad? He’s part of the Guard in town. And her moms’ a cop! How cool is that dad?” He asked, closing in from around Ike now- capitalizing on the distraction.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2023, 12:01:47 AM »

"Well that's great," said Noa. "But--"

"Aloha Mr. Sonson!" said Vivi, the spectacled tamer cutting him off. "My name's Vivian Kamaka, but everyone just calls me Vivi!"

"Aloha, yes, could I just--"

As the swarm of kids roiled on all fronts, Noa's attention was pulled away when phone began vibrating in his pant-pocket.

"Aw geez, it's your mother," he said. "Just a second--"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2023, 12:12:41 AM »

“What do you think mom wants, dad? That’s pretty weird, isn’t she at work today?” Al asked. He had to admit, hanging up on his dad and keeping him off balance was kinda funny! “You should answer!” He said with a more enlarged grin
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2023, 12:25:08 AM »

Noa shook his head as he struggled to unlock his phone. "Ugh, Al, head for the van. If you're friends are coming, it's now or never."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2023, 12:31:14 AM »

“Okay! Well come on guys, let’s go!” He said as he would motion for everyone to follow him.

(“You guys might have to sneak somewhere safe for follow us.. we are all leaving—“)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 23, 2023, 01:27:59 AM »

("Understood!") thought Viximon. ("Be seeing you soon, kitmon~!")

And on that final note, Al hurried along with tamers in tow, the gang racing after him as he led the way towards the family van. For once in what felt like forever, they talked and laughed about things any kid should. Like how tight a seatbelt felt, how funny the video they saw on the internet was, and what kind of ice cream was the best. On a whim, as Al got comfortable and buckled up, he checked his digivice, going over all the stuff he still had in storage. Among the assorted gear, and foodstuffs and apparel, there was one item he had no memory of ever seeing before. The tag said "GIFT" in capital letters. Curious, and seeing his father still busy on the phone, he pulled it out from storage. A literal bunch of bananas materialized in his lap, garner gasps and laughter from the other tamers. Tied to it, however, was a note, written in print:

As promised, keiki. I always pay my dues.

~Kuku

A golden sun was rising over Hilo, Hawaii. And soon it'd be feeling the heat.

"Yeah... yeah, I know, Jen... I swear, something's up, I--huh? Another one? Where? Jesus... alright, we'll keep it under wraps for now. I'll see you when you get back. Love you, too."

Noa hung up the phone, holding back a sigh as he looked to the canopy of nearby trees, watching as they buffered the school from a harsh wind.

"Huaka'i pō," he said, a shadow crossing his face. "The Nightmarchers are back again..."

CHAPTER COMPLETED

Epilogue! +2 EXP +2 DP
Dragon Slayer! +5 EXP +5 DP +5 Inspiration
Rainbow Traverse! +3 EXP +3 DP +2 Inspiration
Dance of Fire! +2 EXP +2 Inspiration
For What's Next to Come! +1 EXP +1 DP +1 Inspiration

Total: 13 EXP, +11 DP, + 10 Inspiration!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:21:39 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea