Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 21
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 21  (Read 4265 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2023, 03:14:35 PM »

The command given, Al's digivice began to glow, his partner becoming wreathed in a digital cocoon. "Renamon Armor Digivolve to--Karamon: the Wheel of Balance!!" And from the light, the vulpine reappeared as her cyborg iteration, stepping forward as all systems came online. "I'm picking something up on sensors," said Karamon, the cyborg pressing the side of her helmet. "It's right on the periphery, but it could be a digimon."

"Kukuimon?!" said Malie.

"Can't say for sure."

"Pfft, weak," said Eyesmon, forgetting her injuries just to pop up out of the ground beside the fox. "All that armor and that's the best you got? Leave it to the pros, furball. I got this."

"Eyes, wait!" said Vivi. "We don't know what's out there. If you charge ahead, we won't be able to reach you if something bad happens!"

The dragon shrugged. "That's never stopped us before. Relax, Vi, I only got shocked 'cuz I didn't know about it. I'll stay full Scatter Mode for this!"

"Eyes-!"

Too late. Already, the living shadow was sinking back into the gravel, vanishing from view. Vivi hurried to open the map on her digivice, grimacing as she watched the black and purple arrowhead trailing away from all the others.

("Should we try to follow her?") thought Karamon. ("I can try blasting a hole in the fence.")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2023, 11:58:29 PM »

“Eyesmon wait—“ Al said as he then sighed as he looked at Karamon (“We have to, we can’t be separated..”)
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2023, 12:18:56 AM »

The cyborg took a fighting stance. "Stand back," she said, her fists wreathed in sakura-pink foxfire. Shouting "KITSUNE KUMITE!!" she left an afterimage as she charged at the barrier. Sparks went flying with every jab and kick, only for the metal to be blasted away if not melted into slag. Nodding, the cyborg slung her leg over what remained of the wall. "Here," she said, offering her hand out to Al as she smiled. "Watch your step, now."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2023, 12:24:01 AM »

He watched and then smirked at her power, and he nodded, taking hold of her hand.

“C’mon girls, let’s follow her!!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2023, 01:04:28 AM »

"Stupid furball with her stupid, sexy armor. Think she's so hot 'n perfect just cuz she didn't get zapped. Hmph."

Flowing between pure shadow and solid form, Eyesmon slithered and swam through air like a silent sea serpent. Even as the environment continued to grow and shift around her, she arched over obstacles without pause.

"I took care of zoo security, no contest," she muttered. "And now I look like a dummy because of an honest mistake! I don't see her juggling halve a jillion things at once. Gawd, why does she get on my nerves so bad? I've got a job to do! But all I'm thinking about is--"

A breeze whistled through the jungle, stopping the dark dragon dead in her tracks. Her body bristled with barbs, her violet eyes dilating.

"Hello?" she asked, under her breath. But she could smell it on the wind, just before it made to tear her apart.

There came a scream as Al and the others hurried through the node. From on high, Karamon watched the tamers, flying through shrinking gaps between branches and electrified skybridges.

"EYES!!" Vivi hollered out. "We're coming! Just hold on!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2023, 01:13:43 AM »

Running now as he heard the scream, he would look about, trying to find Eyes as he glanced up at Karamon as she rocketed ahead “Do you see her, Karamon?!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2023, 01:15:06 AM »

[Hmm... roll Perception for both Al and Karamon]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2023, 02:07:14 PM »

[Rolling: 2 3 3 + 9 = 17 Al
4 1 6 + 8= 19 Karamon]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »

For Alemana, the jungle floor was becoming strangled with vegetation, leaving too many blind spots in his vision. Yet for Karamon, the scene couldn't be clearer. Through her link with Al, she shared images of what she saw: pillars of living wood stretching to form the outlines of 'pockets' in the environment. Open air space overlooking the dense underbrush. Metal skyways bent at sharp angles like paths on a circuit board. It was between wood and metal that her visor locked onto movement. A serpentine shadow spiraling at breakneck speed. Mere seconds behind it, branches, leaves, and fence-lines began flying outwards with barely a sound to be heard!

"++Found her!++" said Karamon over the digivices. "++Something's chasing her, but I can't get a read on it!++"

Just then, a bus materialized behind Eyesmon, honking the horn before it was ripped to shreds.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2023, 09:02:51 PM »

“Aw crap.. give her a hand Karamon!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2023, 09:24:55 PM »

Thrusters blasting off, Karamon sped towards her fellow champion. She didn't make it halfway before crossing her arms as a gust of wind threw her off course.

"Eyes, answer me!" said Vivi. "What's attacking you?!"

"++Fast!++" said the dark dragon. "++I can't get a bead of them! Air keeps messing with my eyeballs!++"

A sudden *CRACK* broke through the jungle. An overarching branch was falling from where both digimon had been mere moments ago.

"LOOK OUT!!" cried Malie, and without a second thought, Kara and Eyes dodged again.

("Al,") thought Karamon, the cyborg staring down at the massive branch. ("Whatever's attacking is cutting clean through everything, and not just once. I can make out a dozen cuts on that log.")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2023, 04:12:20 PM »

“Hold on!” And al would run onto the scene finally, bringing up his digivice to start scanning to try to find the damn thing
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2023, 05:07:51 PM »

On screen, Alemana caught the flickering glint of something metallic as he followed the direction of the wind. Till suddenly, information popped up on his screen, showcasing a weasel-like creature with scythes for arms and sickles for whiskers. Its fur was pink with red tribal markings and a white underbelly, save for the blue, razor-like quills comprising its mane, and the tail, too, of same color. Long and coiling.

//Kyukimon
++//Level: Ultimate
++//Type: Bewitching Beast
++//Attribute: Virus
++//Family: Nature Spirits
++//Attacks: Blade Twister, Sanrensei, Wind-sickle Slash

("Al!") thought Karamon. ("Get to cover! I'm following the wind, but I still can't make anything out through the trees!")
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 07:23:43 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2023, 04:53:02 PM »

“Kyukimon?”

He would then snap his attention forward as he then had an idea. Calling up Eyes he then said “Eyes! Make ten walls behind you! Maybe a get will slow it down enough that Karamon can give you backup!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2023, 05:24:37 PM »

"I LIKE IT!!" cried Eyesmon. And like a trail of living ink, she flowed through the air, her head turning to face the wind. "DECEPTIVE ILLUSION!!" she proclaimed, eyes glowing violet-blue. With every yard, an immense wall of solid steel materialized in the style of a Japanese demon gate. Each more outrageous than the last in decoration. Alemana then noticed the image painted on each as they were destroyed by the invisible menace, and realized it was a slide reel with very familiar characters.

("I swear I'm going to pummel her when we get home,") thought Karamon, the cyborg having a front row seat to the show as she watched for Kyukimon. And as the last of the bawdy walls came crashing down, it did so only with a vehicle-sized indent before dissipating into pixelated blue cubes. In its place, both dragon and vixen gazed upon their foe: a spitting image of the one Al had on his screen.

[Roll Initiative.]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea