Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 11  (Read 2862 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2022, 11:32:47 PM »

Alemana glanced at Ike, and his smile became genuine. “Gotta keep up that streak of coming to the rescue and saving my ass, right?” He asked.. though his tone wasn’t one of mockery. He then gave Viximon’s belly a few gentle rubs.

“Are you feeling well enough to travel, Kitmon?” He asked.. now in a teasing tone of voice.
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2022, 11:57:53 PM »

"You're a Kitmon," countered Viximon, even as she basked in the glory of belly-rubs. Combined with the lofty smirk on her face, the answer was clear to everyone.

Fifteen minutes later, the group stepped out of the Hiding Tree after Eyesmon gave the go-ahead. Far from the forests Al had seen since his journey began, the boy found paniana trees whose roots lay half-submerged in a bog of mud, moss, and a sunken antenna farm, whose lights blinked in and out of sight like will-o-wisps in the morning fog.

"How far away did you guys take us?" asked Viximon, climbing onto Alemana's head.

"As far away from where you fought Varamon as we possibly could," said Kukuimon.

"Not true," mused Malie. "We stopped the minute we found a Hiding Tree."

"Better than trekking through all this," reasoned Vivi, almost as an aside. "We're about halfway to the Green Lady's lair. If we're lucky, we'll be there before she gets wise to what happened."

"Not a chance," said Gazimon. "Any 'mon with a fuctionin' pair've ears knows we're comin'."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2022, 12:03:33 AM »

“Nuh uh, you’re an actual kit!” He countered, booping her tummy as he then carried her towards the edge of the tree.
_______

Alemana felt a tingle up his back as the small digimon climbed up his shoulder and atop his head, her bushy tail tickling his nose and almost making him sneeze.

“Comfy up there?” He asked, gently reaching up to pet her side as he looked around.

“Depending on how prideful Varamon is.. maybe he hasn’t told her what happened just yet. But yeah.. let’s take things carefully..”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2022, 12:12:50 AM »

Ike blew his lips together. "Yeaaaah, there's no way Ms. Greeny noticed the massive explosion of trees, rocks, and dirt as big n' ugly carved himself a canyon through her front yard. Happens all the time."

"I'm okay," said Vixi, keeping her voice low as the Ike rambled on. "As long as I can protect you - from atop your cozy noggin - I'll be just fine." But even as she spoke her words, the vulpine couldn't hide her anxieties from the boy, Al feeling them like a growing knot in his chest.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2022, 12:20:36 AM »

Al would roll his eyes ever so slightly as he listened to Ike. “A kid can dream. After everything we’ve been through, we deserve at least some sort of lucky break.” He said as he glanced up at Viximon and gave her his best smile. “And I feel safe with you up there, Viximon.” He said.. though privately he then added

(“You.. feel worried. Are you alright, Viximon?”)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2022, 12:35:14 AM »

The vixen's tail drooped. ("I only vaguely remember everything that happened,") she thought. ("That feeling of intense rage, the power coming from it. I knew it was bad, but I still let it inside me. I wanted to kill them, kill Mymaromon AND Varamon, for all the pain they've caused, all the misery. During that fight, seeing everyone in danger, I was willing to do anything to make it happen... and it scares me that I almost did.")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2022, 12:43:34 AM »

That caused his smile to falter, and leave his face  altogether as he gave one of her little feet a soft squeeze, his guilt palpable. (“It.. I did the exact same thing. I’ve.. I never felt that angry ever. I wanted them to die too. No.. I NEEDED them to be dead. I wanted you to kill them more than anything in my life.. and.. and once it started happening I realized almost immediately that I was wrong…but I couldn’t stop it. Maybe part of me didn’t want it to stop.. and that’s almost worse..”)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2022, 12:56:03 AM »

("Will it be okay to digivolve again? I know I'll be okay being Renamon again, but... what happens if, when I turn into Kyubimon, I feel that urge again? I don't wanna relive that feeling, but I don't wanna put you in danger, either...")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2022, 01:08:41 AM »

Alemana didn’t know what to say.. so he was quiet for a long time as they walked through the woods. After awhile though, he finally answered her. (“I think we’re gonna be fine.. we just gotta keep our anger in check, yeah?” ) he asked.. though deep in his heart where it was impossible to hide anything from her.. she could feel his uncertainty.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »

That's when Al felt a tap on his arm. Ike had stopped ranting to walk side-by-side with him.

"Hey," he said, avoiding eye-contact. "I know it's cheesy n' crap, but I know what you're going through. You guys ever wanna talk, me and Gaz're here... y'know?"

Gazimon, walking close behind his tamer, gave Al and Viximon a thumbs up in agreement. Al could feel the slightest of smiles on his partner's face, even without seeing it.

"Not that you'd ever wanna," Ike mumbled. "Or even asked, I'm-I'm just saying is all."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »

Alemana would feel his cheeks redden from that, but he gave a smile as he nodded. “Well..maybe I’ll take you up on that.” He said as he nudged his shoulder.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2022, 06:17:48 PM »

Ike held back a start, his cheeks burning bright red in mimicry of Al's own. All to the silent delight of the many violet-eyed shadow everyone now seemed to share.

A quiet dawn, a moment's peace. Yet from afar a figure watched, eyes unhindered by the pallid fog whilst hidden among the trees.

CHAPTER COMPLETED

Shadows of the Past! +2 EXP +2 DP
Chosen of War! +1 EXP +1 Inspiration
Lunar Mirage! +1 EXP +1 Inspiration
The Dragon and the Wasp! +2 EXP +2 DP +1 Inspiration
Dread Ultimate! +1 DP +1 Inspiration
God Hand! +1 Inspiration

Total: 6 EXP, +5 DP, + 5 Inspiration!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 08:27:30 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea