Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 10  (Read 3106 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2022, 03:11:08 PM »

The cyborg's gaze lingered as he stared at Al, chuckling to himself.

"Right back at you, cousin!" he said, giving the tamer a thumbs up. "Between this whole mess with the bomb and now Hookmon, you guys're starting to look like legends."

"That mean we don't have to worry about--one sec," said Ike, the tamer pulling his own mask free to take a breath of fresh air. "Does that mean we don't have to worry about hiding our faces anymore?"

"I doubt it'll ever be that safe, but, as a kahuna, I'm willing to vouch for all of you. You made the grade in my book."

As the talked, Al noticed the thrumming of his digivice grow or weaken depending on which way he moved. Using it as a compass, he would manage to reach a lacquered box on a shelf at the same time as Mach did, the cyborg pulling his hand back before it could intercept the tamer's.

"Care to do the honors?" asked Mach.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2022, 03:16:49 PM »

Alemana would give a somewhat embarrassed laugh at that praise, glancing away for a moment. “Well I don’t know about being a legend- it was the right thing to do is all. We’ve had a lot of help along the way.” He said as he then gave a sigh of relief. “And that means a lot, actually. You have no idea how stressful the past couple days have been,”

And once they both he and the Kahuna found the box, the boy nodded and gently set his digivice on the shelf before opening the box, holding his breath.
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2022, 03:50:37 PM »

Upon opening the box, resting within a velvet-lined interior, rested an effigy of deepest blue larimar. Like Kānemon's, it glowed with an inner light, like gazing up at a blue sky from beneath water. The Ki'i depicted a man with a tall, concave crown, almost like the net of a lacrosse stick. Yet at the same time, the Ki'i resembled a giant squid, whose tentacles wrapped around to form a robe. The two longest of them stacked over the front of his head, with one covering the face, and the other filling in the crown's concave. It was the exact same size as the other Ki'i, but was cool to the touch. Al could swear it was wet, yet he found no signs of condensation on either his hand or the sacred relic itself...
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2022, 04:13:55 PM »

He gave a sigh of relief, and would look at MachGaogamon “It’s here.” He said as he held it.. but he then looked at Ike. “Hey.. you mind coming here?” He asked, before looking back up at that Kahuna. “Sorry about this.. we just have to make sure of something.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2022, 04:17:51 PM »

Ike furrowed his brow, glancing between Alemana and the Ki'i. Reaching out, he touched the relic.

"Is something supposed to happen?" he asked.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2022, 04:26:20 PM »

“Well if I’m right.. it should respond to you.” He said as he carefully put it in Ike’s hand.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2022, 04:55:21 PM »

Everyone's attention fell on the Ki'i, with Mach crouching down, up close. When Al handed the Ki'i to Ike, there was a moment where the object seemed to pulsate, pushing away the tamers' hands like a polarized magnet. Yet just as fast, the magic was gone, with both tamers grasping the effigy for fear of it falling to the floor.

"Hmmm," said Mach, grubbing his chin. "I think I see what's going on." As the humans looked at him, he then pointed to the Ki'i. "Neither of you is worthy."

"Gee, thanks a lot," said Ike, eye twitching as he forced a smile on his face.

"Heh, don't take it the wrong way. Kanaloamon's hard to nail down when it comes to showing favor. He's gentle, though, so he won't smite you like Kūmon or Kānemon would for touching his stuff."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2022, 05:16:39 PM »

While there was a feeling of disappointment, he wasn’t entirely surprised. After all, they still had Malie to try. “Well that’s a given for me. It’s funny you mention Kanemon- I just so happen to..” he would then open Storage, and with some hesitation pull the Ki’i out and held it up for him to see it.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2022, 05:29:43 PM »

Upon Al materializing the second Ki'i, MachGaogamon marveled at the sacred relic, his golden eyes shimmering like miniature suns as it glowed with heavenly light.

"That's the same light I saw back at the construction site!" he laughed. "I should've known you guys'd be involved!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2022, 05:32:21 PM »

“Wait, you saw the light?” Al asked, before glancing down at the glowing relic for a few moments. “I found this a few days ago. Well no, that’s not true. I was guided to it by Kanemon..”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2022, 05:45:35 PM »

"I'm a kahuna! Of course I did! (Though I'm surprised it was Kānemon who chose you)," he said under his breath.

"What was that?" asked Ike.

"Ah nothing. You should be proud that the Akua have got your backs." The cyborg then closed Al's fist around the Ki'i, smiling to him. "Take good care of it," he said. "Not everyday you get an Akua on speed-dial."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2022, 05:53:06 PM »

Not catching his musing for a moment.. he nodded before returning it to storage.. and he then looked at the blue Ki’i as well. “Well.. it definitely has been useful more than once! Hmm.. I guess we better go ask Gessomon if it would bd okay for us to borrow this one though.. doesn’t feel right to just take it.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2022, 06:00:44 PM »

Mach smiled. "You're a good kid, Alemana. Mind if I tag along? I need to ask him some questions of my own, like this business he had with Hookmon."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2022, 06:07:29 PM »

“Heh.. I try to be.” And he then nodded. “Yeah, I don’t mind! But we do have to go get the third person in our group.. if Gessomon will let us keep the Ki’i I wanna see if it goes to her.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2022, 07:16:05 PM »

"Lord Bucketmon, right?" chuckled the cyborg as he stood up. "No problem. Let's head on out then, while the storm's still young."

With no argument from anyone, the trio climbed back out of the vault to find the others watching the Sailormon work in vain to pull the wedged vault door from the nearby wall. Only #81 chose to leave alongside the group, despite the other crewmon ranting about the task at hand.

There was a lull in the typhoon winds. Al rode with Ike atop Kyubimon while Gargoylemon carried #81 through the night sky. Neither fox nor winged beast was as fast at MachGaogamon, despite the cyborg moving at a slower pace for them. To their collective luck, however, they made it to the site Sunny had mentioned back at the arena. Not far from the Peace Center's construction site, just before an overlook with a telescope built into the ground, they found the tidepools that marked Gesomon's territory. Waves crashed against the coast, spraying saltwater as far as the street. Signs poke-marked the area, warning against littering, loitering, and using the pools as toilets. A pier of wood and stone led further into the sea, but had no guardrails, or means of protection from the high tide crashing from all sides.

"This is it!" yelled Ike, having put his mask back on. "All you gotta do is jump over the far end of that pier!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea