Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7854 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 596 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2024, 06:52:42 PM »

The night was late. Rain pattered against the office windows as people darkened the halls and left for home. With ne'er a soul to be had for several floors, not a shadow moved or betrayed danger... when a figure crept inside the server farms. The low hum of the machines covered her steps as she closed the door behind her. The cameras had already been dealt with, their feeds replaced with looped footage. Smiling, the infiltrator stretched out a crimson-gloved paw to one side, tracing a claw against the servers as she walked down the central aisle. In her wake, rings of red binary code blinked into existence, the machinery wreathed in an aura of black and red flame. Neither smoke nor heat came of it, no melting of parts or damage of any kind. Sparks flickered between the rings, the hum of the server farms warping in tone. The infection soon spread to the other aisles like a wave, the dark aura fading from their starting point.

"Mhmhmhm, that should do it for now," said BlackRenamon. "Let's see how long it takes them to put two and two together."

"++In recent news, according to the Hawaii Center of Volcanology, scientists have concluded an influx of seismic activity on the Big Island is on the rise, with growing concerns of an eruption before New Years++"

"Mom, I'm heading out!" said Keilani, her footsteps pulling Al from breakfast as they drew closer.

October 7th. Monday. Alemana and Renamon sat at the table as the news played on the television in the living room. Through their link, Al knew the vulpine was listening to it even as she looked at today's paper.

"Al," said Keilani, stepping into view. "Have you seen mom? Me and Gammy are going to check out the sky diving service."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 12:04:12 AM »

“Huh?” Al looked up, Busy brushing Renamon’s tail as they ate “haven’t seen her all morning!”
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 12:26:42 AM by Korogra » Logged
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 12:39:36 AM »

"Deeper but gentle, Al," said Renamon, the vulpine turning the page. "Deeper but gentle."

Keilani sighed. "Ugh, I think she went to get groceries with dad. That's fine, I'll just leave them a note." Glancing at Al, the elder sibling walked over, watching as he worked. "Is that my hairbrush?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 12:58:44 AM »

“Right right, sorry babe.” Al said as he adjusted his brush strokes.. glancing at his sister, then the brush. “Uh.. maybe? Renamon brought it down..” he said as he then scratched her behind her ear.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 01:10:29 AM »

"I'll be checking my bags for fox hair when I get back," said Keilani out the side of her mouth. "Listen, Vivi's been talking about making headway on the Ghostmon stuff, so keep an ear out for her or RustGauntmon, okay?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 01:18:44 AM »

“I was planning on it. You sure you don’t want us to come along with you? BlackRenamon is still out there.. who knows what the hell she could be up to.” Al said as he finished brushing Rena’s tail. “She might try to get revenge for what happened at the Node.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 01:31:20 AM »

"I'll be fine, Al. Remember, me and Gammy were on our own back in the Digital World, we know how to take care of ourselves--" As if on cue, the blaring of a car horn cut through Kei's words. "GAMMY!!" she said, turning towards the noise. "I knew this was gonna happen--I'll see you guys later!"

As the elder Sonson stormed out of the house, Renamon took a sip of her orange juice. "Sounds like they've got it covered," she said, letting her tail swish to and fro. "My psychotic doppelganger won't know what hit her."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 01:48:22 AM »

“Bye, love you sis!” Al called as he then sighed, leaning on Renamon. “Oh I know. I just.. I have a bad feeling that we haven’t seen the last of your ‘sister’.” He said as he glanced at the news. “But besides that… you have any plans, baby?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 02:01:11 AM »

"Mmmmh, only the ones you give me," she said, resting her cheek atop Al. "Unless you count tutoring you on whatever classes Eyesmon's covering for you today."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 02:09:43 AM »

“Ugh.. don’t remind me.” He then gave her nose a kiss.

“We could see if Malie wants to study with us, maybe even finish ‘studying’ with you too.” He said with a faint chuckle. It was still a lot to take in.. seeing Malie as a girlfriend- albeit one shared with the three of them..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 02:14:35 AM by Korogra » Logged
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 02:23:33 AM »

Smiling, the vulpine kissed her partner's nose in return. "Careful," she said. "Last time I checked, a certain pua'a's also in the mix. I don't think either of our butts are ready for that kind of attention."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 02:31:59 AM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 02:31:57 AM »

“Shush.” And he then playfully gave her cheek a nip “Well what do you want to do today?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 03:36:26 PM »

In silence, Renamon locked eyes with her tamer, a gentle smirk beneath her half-lidden gaze. In one fluid motion, she folded the paper back up as she got to her feet, foxfire burning away her vulpine shape as she donned her human guise.

"Come on," said Renee, tapping the side of Al's shoulder. "Let's check on the club house."

The momentum was broken, however, as Alemana felt a sudden weight on his lap. Looking down, the teen found a Cashew-shaped puppy resting his chin on him, tail wagging as they made eye contact.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2024, 03:44:53 PM »

He chuckled as he looked down at Cashew and gave him a piece of sausage, before then getting up. With a few head pats he gave one last look at the tv and the news report playing on it before he clicked it off, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend.

“Two orders of mango tofu says that Vivi is there.”he joked.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2024, 04:21:44 PM »

The shapeshifter chuckled. "It's not a bet if it's a guarantee."

Bypassing traffic via the Network, Al and Renee exited out the clubhouse's TV screen to find Ike and Gazimon snoozing on the living room furniture. That they didn't stir an inch as they snored together was telling enough about their condition, and so the newcomers ventured to the bedrooms as they heard the tell-tale signs of keyboard typing. Vivian spun a one-eighty in her desk chair as Al and Renee entered the room.

"Hey guys," she said, grabbing her boba tea from off the desk. "Heard about your adventure with Malie and Kama yesterday."

"Did you now?" asked Renee.

"Yep, though not much else. Been making progress with the Ghostmon stuff, coordinating with Menehunemon and Rusty--and boy has it been a major godsend."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 04:23:46 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea