Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7854 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 588 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2024, 11:52:26 PM »

“Locate fault!” Al said, typing on the screen “Let’s see if I can’t debug this bitch of a glitch..!”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2024, 12:01:20 AM »

Entering the command, Al watched as a load bar filled from left to right, multiple times. "++Faultline located++" answered the voice. "++Parallel system overlap. Seismic activity interference projected to destabilize node with total collapse++"

"Parallel system--is it talking about Earth or the Digital World?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2024, 12:07:37 AM »

Al set his jaw as he frowned “I don’t know .. either? Both? It doesn’t matter.. we gotta fix it.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2024, 12:44:25 AM »

More holoscreens appeared, displaying evershifting graphs and telemetry data as they formed a crescent around Al and Rena.

"++Caution: Stabilization requires mooring action. Please enter four node hyperlinks now++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2024, 12:48:20 AM »

“Mooring Action?” Al quietly asked.. but he would quickly take out his Digivice. There were at least four Nodes he could use right? The cave, the classroom, Catchy’s arcade.. and RustGauntmon’s junkyard!

Imputing all four links, he bit his lip “I hope this works!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2024, 01:02:33 AM »

Each link appeared upon the main screen, alongside a loading bar, their lettering flashing green as they finished.

"++Hyperlinks approved++" said the voice. Suddenly, the earth beneath Al and Rena's feet shook, as the rumbling of stone crashing against stone thundered all around them.

"Al, look!" said Renamon as she grabbed hold of him, the vulpine staring up at the sky. Past the pixelated islands of blue, the pair made out holographic rings widening out from the void beyond. A sound like that of pressurized steam followed the clanking of heavy metal. Streams of light fired from the rings, and only then did Al realize that the node was moving, shifting on its axis.

"++Caution++" said the voice. "++Do not leave the node until axis realignment is complete. Reminder: interference from parallel system overlap threatens total system collapse++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2024, 01:31:42 AM »

"Yes!" Al exclaimed "Renamon, I think it's work-"

His excitement seemed to be short-lived as everything began shaking.. but when Renamon pointed out what was happening.. along with the warning message he gave a small sigh "Well.. it looks like things are becoming stabilized at least. Step one, check." He then gave her a nervous smile as he gently leaned on her, looking up at the sky with her.

"Yknow.. this reminds me of that time the four of us had to tie that energy rope back when we were kids.. remember?"
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2024, 01:42:30 AM »

"Mhmhm, couldn't forget if I wanted to," she said. "The days before we left Waihona were the most intense we'd ever been through at the time."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2024, 01:48:35 AM »

“Yeah.. god.. things seemed so simple back then baby..” he said as he nuzzled into her shoulder. “We felt so invincible back then. I mean we’re way more badass now, but those days.. it really felt like we were unstoppable, yknow?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2024, 02:00:05 AM »

Renamon rested her cheek on the teen, smiling as she hummed her agreement.

"++Alert!++ said the voice. "++Unidentified hyperlink detected. Source: unknown. Properties: unknown++"

"Another hyperlink?" said Rena. "Is someone else trying to access the node?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2024, 02:03:30 AM »

The teen had just closed his eyes when they wre yanked back open by the message, and he would sit up "The hell?"

He let go of his partner and returned to the holoscreen, trying to take a look at the Link "I don't know.. but I suddenly have a bad feeling about this," he said grimly as he brought up the command prompts again.

"Maybe I can figure out where it originated.."
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2024, 02:04:46 AM »

[Roll Computers with a -5 penalty]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2024, 02:10:01 AM »

[Rolling: 5,5,6 +9- 5 =20]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2024, 05:18:25 PM »

Fingers all a blur as they typed out commands, Alemana brought up a 3D model of the node as the beams of light created branching tunnels towards the ones he'd connected to it. Overlapping a map of the Big Island, he saw where the new one was originating from, it being the northern most of them all.

"Somewhere on Mauna Kea," said Renamon. "Wait, didn't Keilani say she was going to work at the observatory up there?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2024, 06:54:05 PM »

“Yeah, you’re right. Why would a Hyperlink be coming from there, to a Node that is manifesting on a random road?” He asked.. then his eyes widened

“Unless there is someone, or multiple someone’s, who work there that know about the digital world…”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea