Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:53:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7893 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 842 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2024, 11:57:23 PM »

“We have to get her to teach you how to use those powers Renee.. but we don’t know where she is. She won’t talk with you.. be I doubt she will refuse to talk to me.”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2024, 12:05:01 AM »

"Al, I am telling you, if she talks to you, it will be-a-trap. And if we try trapping her, she'll see it coming from a mile a way!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2024, 12:29:46 AM »

Al nodded, and gave an uneasy smile “I know.. but that’s what love is right? Doing something that scares the shit out of us for the people we care about right?” He said as he turned to look at her, His smile wavering a bit more.

“Right?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2024, 12:44:47 AM »

Staring back at her tamer, Renee's expression softened. "Al," she said, resting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to come down on you... and, you're right, but--" She lowed her face into her spare hand. "Let's just try to avoid jumping headlong into this."

Just then, Al's digivice began thrumming in the teen's pocket. Pulling it out, Al saw Keilani's name on the screen.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2024, 12:56:34 AM »

“Yeah, I agree. Renee I just,” he was about to say more when his Digivice rang. Caught off guard he would pull it from his pocket, glancing at the caller ID.

“I could’ve sworn she was on her way to do sky-diving… she didn’t chicken out did she?” He mused as he answered

“What’s up sis? Didja wuss out?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2024, 01:02:31 AM »

"++Al you need to get over here RIGHT NOW++" said Keilani. "++This is SERIOUS--there's a fucking INAS on the road!++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2024, 01:06:21 AM »

“Wait- what the fuck—?”

Al gave Renee an incredulous glance “Like out in broad daylight?!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2024, 01:13:13 AM »

"++In the middle of the fucking road!! Luckily, we're not getting any traffic over here, but nothing's stopping someone from driving over!++"

("Would the INAS even react if a car passed through it?") thought Renee. ("As long as it's still inactive, non-tamers shouldn't be affected!")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2024, 01:33:50 AM »

(“Hold on!”)

“Is the thing active? We’re on our way, but if it’s not active Renee says normies shouldn’t be able to pass through it.” He said as they briskly sped-walked to his car.

“Which road is it?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2024, 01:48:06 AM »

"++Of course it's active!++" barked Keilani. "++I wouldn't be shouting if it wasn't fucking active!! Just look on your digivice's map, you find me!++"

As Al and Renee hurried towards the exit, they would have crashed into the clerk from earlier had Renee not grabbed the man by the arms and spun him around.

"Excuse us~!" she said, smiling as she planted him down behind. "In a bit of a hurry. Thanks for the danish~!"

"Hey!" he said. "What the hell?!" But it was too late, both teens had vanished beyond the door, Renee having lost no momentum from her stunt. So baffled was the acned worker that he failed to notice the KoDokugumon hanging by spider thread as it climbed back into the drop ceiling with Theridia's laptop. "Damn kids," he muttered, yet from the corner of his eye, he noticed something move. Turning, however, he saw only an empty booth, the spiderling putting the panel back in place. Mission accomplished.

Saddle Road was a long highway through vibrant, open fields, its name derived from the 'saddle' between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa one drove through. Both volcanoes loomed over the plains, no matter where one stood therein.

"There haven't been many cars on the road," said Renee. "Hopefully that just means people are using an alternate route today."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 04:16:24 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2024, 11:30:25 PM »

That made his face pale slightly. He had been planning on getting the others.. but hearing that the INAS was active? “We’re fucking on it!” He said as he didn’t even apologize to the guy as they left- laptop all but forgotten. But as he got into the car, checked the map and buckled up, he shot Vivi a text:

Get Ike up, and go to Saddle Road. We’ve got a damn active INAS in the middle of the street! I don’t know if we can bring Kama across town though, I will leave that to you okay?
______

Al had to be thankful, once he pulled up besides kei’s car.. and he would look at Renee with a forced smile “Well.. we knew this was gonna happen sooner or later..” he said with a sigh before he got out of the car.

“I’m guessing nothing has tried to come out?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2024, 11:48:44 PM »

The site of the INAS was just as Keilani had described: dab center of the single lane road. Keilani herself stood several yards away from the INAS, her car parked halfway onto the side of the road as she waved Al and Renee over.

"As far as I can tell," she said, answering her brother. "No idea how long it's been active for, so it's entirely possible someone drove through it--but honestly, what kind of idiot would drive through something like that?" She pointed at the INAS up ahead. Space flickered around the glowing distortion, glitching out of place. Colors shifted between black and neon magenta to the faintest sound of static white noise.

"Where's Gammamon?" asked Renee.

"In the car. Wanted to avoid freaking people out if they drove by."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2024, 11:55:30 PM »

“Any more than a hole in reality would you mean,” he said as he then glanced back at the distortion, sighing. “Vivi and Ike should be on their way. I don’t know if Malie and Kama will be with them though.. we can’t really get them here without being seen unless we go in and get control over the damn Node.. it would be a moot point then anyway.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2024, 12:22:06 AM »

"There's no time to wait for backup," said Keilani. "We've gotta shut this thing down before it gets worse." Turning to face her car, she called for Gammamon, causing the ceratops to catapult out of the backseat.

"Al! Renamon!" he said, dashing towards the group. "Did you see?! We're going on a road trip!"

"We sure are, Gammy," said Renee as foxfire enveloped her, revealing Renamon in all her glory. "Should one group stay out here and watch the road?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2024, 01:00:35 AM »

“No, we don’t.” He agreed as he then looked at Gammy, then at Keilani “Should we flip a coin to see who goes in, and who stays out?”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea