Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  New World of Darkness  |  World of Darkness  |  Ye Olde Fantasia (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Sovereign Host: Legion -- Chp 3*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Sovereign Host: Legion -- Chp 3*  (Read 2276 times)
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2022, 08:05:08 PM »

With vigilant eyes and careful, deliberate steps, Asriel moved further across the skybridge towards their destination. Given the speed of the crawling creatures and the direction they are coming from, there was no further action necessary.

"I will keep an eye forward. If they get to close and you need some magic backup, let me know."
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2022, 09:03:52 PM »

[Hmm... roll Initiative with a -2 from injuries]
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »

[Rolled a 7+4-2= 9]
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2022, 12:09:10 AM »

*Rollz*

[Pfffft! Alright, Asriel goes first. The others whiffed on their rolls with a 2 and a 3. xD]
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2022, 02:54:39 PM »

Electricity permeated his body, seemingly emanating from his very soul. Asriel could feel it. Kennen's affinity. Lightning flickered between the claws of each hand, swelling in intensity.

W-what is wrong with my magic? Not what I was going for...

The ninja tried to close his hands, though the forming magic resisted. A sense of uncertainty and light panic beginning to elevate within the vulpine. Though it was in this moment, that he remembered his last dream. With as deeply as the albino had already dug himself into the consciousness of the heroic shinobi, even if there was no direct communication, there was guidance in these still mostly foggy thoughts and memories of his host. And these gave him focus again. Intuition from wisdom he did not know he was accessing. Asriel took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. He was calm. The yordle concentrated on the source of his magic as he suddenly clenched his fists, seemingly quenching the electrical magic. Calmly, Asriel exhaled the deep breath he took, which now heavily crystalized in the air. He opened his eyes again, which had shifted from the electric, sparkling purple to an icy blue, splintered sapphire as the crushed magic swirled out and around his hands, now a light, frosty blue. The shinobi whispered under his exhale.

"Freeze."

The magical energy swelled, expanding, compelling the moisture to gather on the walls these creatures were climbing, and frooze to make them slip and unable to climb.

[Casting Command Ice (2) -- Int + Occult + Source]
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2022, 04:27:37 PM »

[Roll it with a +1 from description, and take a beat.]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:38:16 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2022, 04:48:20 PM »

[4, 3, 1, 3, 9, 5, 5, 6, 3, 9, 10, 10, 4, 9, 1, 5, 8  + extra 5, 6]
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2022, 12:02:58 AM »

*Rollz*

Like something out of a dark comedy, the ghoulish horrors gripped at the walls and balcony rails of the skybridge, only to find no purchase, no friction, to hold on to. Shrill whines and wails soon followed them as they slipped and fell downwards, the shadow beneath the bridge punctuated by a wet popping and crackling of meat and bone.

"Well I'll be damned," said Faryn. "It helps to have a Zauberer after all."
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2022, 03:07:16 PM »

After the magic was released, the shinobi, while still vigilant and careful, relaxed a little bit, the appearance of multiply cracked, brighter and darker ice to his eyes receding to just his irises, which soon after returned to Kennen's normal, bright blue. Without losing a beat, the yordle continued to cross the bridge. Ordinarily, the disgusting sound of the falling undead would have terrified him, made his skin crawl, but it didn't. Instead, he felt sorrow that only further ignited the flame of determination that burned within the heroic shinobi. He wished for them to be able to rest. To undo the tainted magic that kept these undying bodies animated even after death. And to release the handful of unfortunate soul that did not pass on in time before their lifeless bodies were set into motion again, now held captive in undeath.

Asriel took notice of his words, though did not respond to the halberdier, instead focused on the task at hand. Now that he was not with Veigar anymore, he did not know the word Faryn used, though thanks to Kennen he could at least recognize it as Eisern.
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2022, 04:41:25 PM »

With no signs of further trouble, Faryrn put his back against the wall next to the door, testing the handle to see if it was locked. After Asriel was in place, either behind or on the other side of the doorframe, the halberdier pushed the door open from the safety of cover. "We're clear," he said, taking a step inside, the tip of his polearm leading the way. The interior was devoid of light, but for the small lantern Faryn lit, the flame doing little to fend off the shadows. From what Asriel could make out, the room may have once been a garden. Nothing like the one Edel tended--not even close, just a bench with clay pots and ruined sacks of fertilizer. What plants could be seen were all withered and dried up, despite the dampness in the air. A trap door lay in one corner of the room, but was held down by a crate and broken furniture. The other door, by contrast, was devoid of obstruction, but flanked by brown candle stubs.

"Through that door leads to a hallway connecting this part of the house with a ladder system," said Faryn. "From there, you'll be able to reach a secluded section of the district that's relatively safer."
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2022, 05:20:53 PM »

Sapphire eyes followed the pointing weapon towards the door.

"From the way you talk... I take that our paths diverge here?"

The yordle turned to face his guide and guadian, looking at where he assumed the halberdier's eyes were.

"I don't have much to give, but my utmost gratitude. I would offer to help you on whatever mission you are, but I'm afraid that even that I cannot offer, given my current state. I hope that our paths cross once more, so I may repay my dept to you, Faryn."

The ninja's harsher, focused expression had softened, a smile hidden beneath the cloth mask that covered his face below his eyes.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 07:22:02 PM by Asriel » Logged
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2022, 07:08:13 PM »

Before Asriel began to turn away, Faryn raise a hand, saying "You misunderstand. The path I mention is the quickest way towards our destination. I can reach it with ease, but you will have to squeeze through narrow spaces to reach it."
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2022, 07:24:49 PM »

"Where are those narrow spaces that you speak of?"

The yordle looked around the space.
N-no! You are not him!
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2022, 07:29:51 PM »

"Beyond the door. Parts of the hallway have been blocked off to prevent the mindless undead from finding an immediate way forward. Look for a gap in the walls, but be careful, exposed nails are a hazard - we didn't have enough corks to blunt them all."
Asriel

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2022, 07:56:32 PM »

"Thanks for the heads-up."

Asriel moved up towards the door and reached up. After seeing that he is too small to reach, he jumps up towards the door handle, opening the door to reveal the promised hallway behind. The moment a new, unknown space was revealed, the yordle's senses immediately switched back to utmost alert, moving onward as he looked for the aforementioned gap.
N-no! You are not him!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea