Other Systems > Digimon: Digital Adventures

Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Interlude 2 (Chp 23-24)

(1/23) > >>

MrParaduo:
October 6th, 2030. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, yet on that Sunday morning, in front of Malie's house, Al and Renee came to face to face with perhaps their greatest challenge yet: Sergeant Kalama, Malie's dad.

"You're a good kid, Sonson," said the stocky Hawaiian man, dressed in combat fatigues, hands akimbo as he loomed over Al. "That's what Malie tells me, you know. My little ku'uipo, she sees the good in people. Been that way since she was just a baby bouncing on my knee."

Renee stepped forward. "Mr. Kalama," she began, but the sergeant continued.

"These past five years, you've been nothing but friends to Malie. 'Course, you guys being almost done at highschool, things have a habit of changing..."

Korogra:
Al would hold his ground, eyes meeting her father’s before he spoke “I understand what you’re getting at sir, and I promise you that I’d never do anything that would hurt her. Shes… well she’s my very best friend, and I.. we had a bit of a .. not a fight.. but a friend said some things that made me.. not sure if it was okay to be around until Malie had some time to think about stuff.. and me too.” He then looked at Renee for a moment. (“Okay.. I think I’m ready to say this out loud.”)

Al had spent the couple days it took to recover from his burns to do a few things: catch up on school work, get over his fever.. and most importantly really work out how he felt about Malie. He loved Ike, this was true.. but even now he couldn’t say that they were dating. Malie though? It felt so much like how he felt when he was with Rena.. and he finally understood why Kukui got so jealous. But… he couldn’t ignore his feelings on the matter.

“.. But you’re right sir. I.. have been thinking about asking if Malie wanted to be more than just friends.”

A lot more in fact.. thoughts going to their conversation before Kukui ran away.

MrParaduo:
The soldier's eyes narrowed. "Hmph, that so?" he asked. He then waved a finger between Al and Renee. "And what about the two of you? Could've sworn you were going out with each other already?"

"We're... in an open relationship," said Renee. "If Malie's okay with it, I won't say no."

Mr. Kalama did a double take. "Wait, what?" Glancing back at Al, his brow furrowed. "What is this? Are you telling me one girlfriend's not good enough for you?"

Korogra:
(“I don’t know how to answer that.. we can’t tell him that we’re a fucking supernova of love, libido, and raging emotional tsunamis—“)

Holding up his hands, Al shook his head frantically “N-no, no! That’s not what we mean! We have just been talking a lot and we.. this is embarrassing.. we both have had huge crushes on her for a long time now, and we.. wanted to see what Malie would say.”

MrParaduo:
"Sonson, you better watch yourself. I've got enough problems to deal with. If your mother hadn't given you an alibi-"

"DADDY!!"

Sgt. Kalama's attention snapped back towards the house as he looked over his shoulder. There, stomping her way out from the front door, Malie scowled.

"Ku'uipo!" said the Sergeant, the hardness of his features vanishing as he rubbed the back of his head. "Hey! Your friends are here!"

"Don't you ku'uipo me! You're picking on them, aren't you!"

"N-no! I would never! I-I'm just telling them about the burglaries we've been getting around here!"

The longhaired girl folded her arms, pouting, her glare intensifying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version