Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 09:24:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7893 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 752 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2024, 01:38:14 PM »

Al would try to help direct things as he was able, though he had to admit, today was already getting too exciting even for him.

“God… when I woke up this morning I didn’t think we’d have to be doing IT, road, and welding work today. When we graduate I’m starting to think we should just become private handy people..” he said as he then turned his attention to the now mortified gear creature’s.

Figures.. these little guys just HAD to be with CODE… at least it sounded like it.

Holding his hands up, he tried his best to be diplomatic.

“Hey hey, I know  this looks bad.. but we aren’t here to hurt you guys. We’re here because we are trying to fix a problem..”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2024, 01:50:27 PM »

[Hmm... roll Persuade with a -4 penalty]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2024, 01:55:12 PM »

[roll: 1,6,6 + 7 - 4 = 16]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2024, 02:04:07 PM »

"Look, we're just scientists," said a Hagurumon.

"You're just a scientist," said the other. "I'm an engineer."

"Cool," said Keilani. "I'm an astronomer. Let's talk shop."

"Talk shop?" echoed both Hagurumon. The scientist of the pair continued on, saying: "Look human, we've got problems of our own. You might've notice on your way in here? What could you possibly need from us at a time like this?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2024, 02:15:49 PM »

“And I’m a high school student,” Al chimed in, almost deadpan.. not able to help but feel just a mite out of place as he absently have Jennifer’s warm ear a rub out if nervous habit- and she was closest.

“We’re all dealing with problems today, maybe we can actually help each other fix em. So.. what’s the exact problem here?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2024, 03:01:05 PM »

"The problem?!" said the engineer. "The problem is the Volcanode is trying to shoot us out of orbit!"

"Volcanode?" echoed Kei, though her expression soured as she realized the wordplay.

"Something flooded the system with seismology data," said the scientist Hagurumon. "The earth-side servers can't take it, and so the volcanode's compensating by translating into violent eruptions!"

"That makes no sense," said Kei. "Sure, maybe if it was Kilauea, but Mauna Kea's an inactive shield volcano! Why would its equivalent node have this kind of reaction?"

"++Because the Volcanode doesn't just represent Mauna Kea++" said a thin, metallic voice.

Everyone turned to look down the corridor as a hologram blinked into existence. At first, it appeared to be a capsule suspended on four legs reminiscent of flexible metal extension tubes, but its feet ended in singular red claws, and the capsule had a face on the bottom half. One of its featureless yellow eyes was missing, as if part of a mask that'd been torn off, revealing pink flesh around a large red eye. Arms made from the same material as the legs extended from either side of the face, but what drew the most attention was the upper half of the capsule head: a cracked, glass dome revealing a mesh of wires, blinking lights and a tesla coil.

"Professor Nanomon!" exclaimed the Hagurumon.

"++The Volcanode is comprised of data acquired from every volcano located on Hawaii's Big Isle++" said the new digimon, arms behind back. "++Like debris caught in a planetoid's gravity well, said-data becomes incapable of being pulled into it once it finds its way into the Network, including digimon++"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 01:07:18 AM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2024, 01:00:14 AM »

“When did this start happening? From how you’re talking this doesn’t seem to be normal..” Al said as he frowned deeply. There was something on the news about a potential eruption on the big island.. could the two events be linked?

“And is there anything that can be done to calm the.. Volcanode down?” He asked.. also internally scoffing at the name.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2024, 01:06:50 AM »

"++Not so fast++" said Nanomon, the cyborg waving a finger at Al. "++I believe introductions are in order, hmm? It's the least you can do after breaking in here++"

Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2024, 01:09:09 AM »

Al glanced at Keilani, and then at the Hologram. “You can call me Al, this is Kyubimon.” He said as he softly pat her neck.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2024, 01:24:52 AM »

Keilani grimaced. "You can call me Kei," she said. "This is Gammamon."

"Aloha~" said the ceratops.

("Al,") thought Kyubimon. ("We need to be careful about what we tell these digimon. We don't know yet if they answer to CODE.")

"++Delightful++" said Nanomon. "++Now in regards to your earlier question, the events occurred roughly fifteen hours ago, between eleven thirty-one and midnight. As to a solution, we've been too busy coordinating with the other observation nodes to avoid head-on collision. Both with each other, and the Volcanode++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2024, 01:39:15 AM »

(“I know baby.. but let’s see what we can do one step at a time.”)

“I see. Do you think that the Volcanode could be affected by a digimon that had powers over lava perhaps?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2024, 02:42:30 PM »

"++A frightful theory. For a given digimon to cause such devastation across multiple nodes would require Mega-level power, or multiple Ultimate-level digimon working in concert++"

"There's that word again," said Kyubimon. "What exactly are Mega-level digimon?"

There came a glint in Nanomon's red eye. "++What indeed++" he said, stroking his chin as he smirked. "++In a sense, they are the apex of digivolution. As close to 'godhood' as they come, much as I am loathe to use such an unscientific term. Truly, few digimon ever reach such heights, perhaps one in a million if they're lucky or tenacious enough, though I've heard it's even more difficult in places like the Kumulipo Server++"

"Woah!" said Gammamon. "You guys are from the Kumulipo Server?!"

"Actually I'm a native Networker," said the engineer Hagurumon.

"Oh really?" said the scientist one. "Me too!"

They both shut up on hearing Nanomon clear his throat.

"++Every mon in the local Network knows about Kumulipo++" he said. "++Just as every digimon in the Japanese sector of the Network knows about the Yamato Server. But I digress. If you wish to stop the chaos on your own, you'll be deleted within seconds of making node-fall, no matter how fireproof you may be++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2024, 02:53:02 PM »

Al found himself being enthralled by that idea.. and almost incredulous of it at the same time. (“Mega level..? That sounds crazy to even think about. You’re already super strong babe.. I don’t know if I could even imagine something even stronger than Kahunimon—!”) he then grew a bit crestfallen at the news that digimon from Kumulimpo Server had and even smaller chance of attaining this mythical level of power.

“Why is that? Digimon from this server having a harder time becoming Mega?” He asked.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2024, 03:15:22 PM »

"++How about a proposition?++" offered Nanomon. "++I'll tell you on the condition you help me protect my node. You see, since the firebolts began, we've been collecting data on where and when they'll strike. We're an observatory node, after all. Compiling said-data, I intend to initiate a navigation program to assist in evading direct hits. The problem? We've been hit too many times. Damage to the node's thrusters have left us banking on luck while repair crews get underway. My Hagurumon compatriots require protection and fast mobility if they're to get the engines operational in time++"

Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2024, 03:28:28 PM »

Al would look at his sister, his expression unsure for a moment. Kei and Kyubimon both were advising caution.. but he couldn’t let these mons get deleted just because they were worried about CODE getting more data on them... At the same time, learning more about this Mega level thing might help them in the future.. maybe even reach it.

“Deal. What do we have to do?”

Without meaning to, part of him then felt a creeping dread:

What if Brena wanted to know how to digivolve to Mega.. what if she could hear what they were saying?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea