Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 08:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7893 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 745 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2024, 04:17:42 PM »

"Wave Crash Dance!" cried Kahunimon, her torrential skirt launching in every direction. Condensed particles of ice kept the water from vaporizing out the gate, but a thin mist was soon all that remained of the attack. "Again!" said the dancer, winding her self up for another attempt.

"++Core meltdown in five minutes!++" came a Hagurumon over the intercom. "++Cooling at twenty-seven percent!++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2024, 05:00:52 PM »

It looked like they had gotten there just in time after all! Gritting his teeth, Alemana would glare at the reactor “You got this Kahunimon! It should be easier the more we hit it!”

[Rolling: 5,4,4,6,2,2,5= 3 suxx]
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2024, 05:14:10 PM »

Once more, the dancer cried "Wave Crash Dance!!" filling the reactor chamber with thickening, chilling mist. The ultimate's eyes narrowed as she then dodged a stray bolt of electricity aimed at her ankle. ("It's like a storm front,") she thought. ("The sudden clash of hot and cold is causing an electrical discharge!")

[Roll Dodge for both Al and Kahunimon. Then roll again for WCD -- radio FM~]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2024, 02:16:30 PM »

[Rolling Dodge:
Kahunimon: 5,5,5,5,4,2,3,6,1,6,4,1,5,3,3,4,6,1,5,5,1,4,2,5,5,2,2,6,6,2,1,4,5,3,6,5 = 17 suxx
Al: 3,4,5,1,5,5,2,5 = 4 suxx]

[ Wave crash Dance: 5,5,1,1,1,5,6 = 4 suxx]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 06, 2024, 02:58:11 PM »

Already wary of her surroundings, Kahunimon could sense the electrical current in the air before it fired off. It started as static across parts of her body, especially along her water-skirt; followed by crackling just on the edge of hearing. Extending her senses through the mist, she could pinpoint the exact channel in which the lightning would move. Instinct mingled with rational thought, and moments before the bolt struck, she launched frozen shards of her skirt towards the source -- leaping away as the arc carved a crooked smile between the frozen missiles. Through their link, Al could move to adjust himself without being hit or obstructing his partner's movements.

"++Cooling is at thirty percent!++" sounded Hagurumon. "++Keep going!++"

Meanwhile...

"I said pull up!"

"I'm trying, my love!"

Like a leaf on the wind, KausGammamon soared between towers of metal, his yellow petagium shining orange in the red light all around. Without slowing, he swung his legs forward as he hurled the Hagurumon stuck between them--just for the gearhead to crash into an engineer working on a piece of wall.

Keilani kneed the ceratops in the side. "Easy on the drops!" she said. "You could've knocked them both out!"

"E kala mai iaʻu! I shall be as soft as the morning breeze!"

"God, I hope Al's not slacking off."

"++The countdown ain't slacking down!++" warned Solarmon over the 'comms. "++Firefox! What's your status?!++"

++Systems are at sixty percent cooling!++ said a Hagurumon. "++But pressure build-up in several junctions is threatening to overload faster than we can release it!++"

("Sounds like the engineers are reaching their limit,") thought Kahunimon. ("I can try going all out, but if something goes wrong, we'll be sitting ducks.")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2024, 03:17:33 PM »

“We’re working as fast as we can’t Al yelled as he grit his teeth. This was taking way too long.. if they didn’t do something fast, they were all fucked. When Kahunimon suggested that they go all out.. his expression hardened. (“We don’t really have a choice, if we can’t get this under control we’re all dead. Let’s do this, no holding back Kahunimon!”)

Then out loud:

“I swear if Kei and Kaus are dicking around and slacking off I’m kicking their asses!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 06, 2024, 03:23:31 PM »

[Kahunimon switches to Offensive Stance. Roll all out attack!]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 06, 2024, 03:37:46 PM »

Not only did she prepare her attack, but she activated her Kapua Aspect as well.

”Wave Crash Dance!” she bellowed as a veritable flood of water and ice at the reactor!

[Rolling: 2,5,2,6,5,6,6,6,1,3,2,6,3,2,6,3,4,4,2,4,5,2,6,5,3,6,2,6,3,2,1 = 13 suxx]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 06, 2024, 03:55:24 PM »

In the blink of an eye, the chamber was obfuscated in its entirety -- water vapor turning to blistering steam and fog deeper than any Alemana had witnessed before. Though shielded from the heat by Kumon's blessing, the sudden cold snap threatened to freeze Al to the bone. And in its wake a storm front's worth of electricity went off. Kahunimon's eyes widened, her heart racing as she sensed Al's agony.

[Roll Endurance for Al. Then roll Dodge for both Kahunimon and Alemana.]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 06, 2024, 04:22:58 PM »

[Endurance: 2,1,5 + 9 = 17]
[Rolling dodge:
Al: 5,6,2,5,2,5,4,6 = 5 suxx
Kahunimon: 6,4,2,5,3,5,2,5 = 4 suxx]

Al felt like he was on fire regardless of the temperature, his body was scored and scoured by intense shifts of burning and freezing.. but still he held onto Kahunimon, biting his lip so hard she could feel his blood staining her shoulder.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2024, 04:44:15 PM »

Intense muscle cramps sprung up across Alemana's body as thermal shock set in. Eyes watering; headache mounting; his arm felt numb. He'd seen those symptoms in others, both on TV and on the basketball court. Al was on the verge of a heart attack.

Aglow in her aspect, Kahunimon pirouetted and cartwheeled as fast as she could, her motions influencing the ambient water in hopes of redirecting electricity away from them.

"++GET OUT!!++" said Solarmon. "++GET OUT OF THERE!!++"

Not thinking twice, Kahuni surged towards the exit, rolling into a somersault as she dance around clawed lightning. Midair, she grabbed Alemana from behind her back, swinging and tucking him into her chest before landing on her feet. A loud, metallic *SLAM* sounded behind the pair, the doors to the reactor sealed shut.

"Al, hold on!" she said, her gauntleted hands radiating warmth. "I'll thaw you out!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2024, 05:02:11 PM »

Al tried his best to avoid panicking further, he simply  held onto Kahunimon as his breaths cane out in labored puffs “It’s gonna be okay, you’re doing your best, it’s gonna be okay.” He repeated over and over- he might have been going into shock from the intense stress on his body as well.. but he kept repeating those words like a mantra.

“It’s gonna be okay, you’re doing your best, it’s gonna be okay.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2024, 05:16:21 PM »

("Shhhh,") thought Kahunimon, her voice gentle in his mind. Through her, Al felt heat concentrate at pressure points along his body; invisible spheres of heat both above and beneath the skin. He felt her heartbeat, pulse inside his chest, as if taking possession of his own, calming it, soothing it. It would have been enough to drive him to sleep had the sirens not ceased and the lights went back to normal.

"++Core meltdown averted!++" said a Hugurumon over the comms. "++All engineer teams standby for replacement shifts. Well done everyone!++"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2024, 05:28:37 PM »

Part of him very much liked the idea of going to sleep, to close his eyes for a little while after that exhausting mess. But the health class part of his brain was pretty sure if he did that he might never wake up again… so he focused on breathing and looking up at Kahunimon as things happened around them.

“Hey babe.. I think we did it?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2024, 05:49:31 PM »

"We did," she said, the dancer kissing his forehead. "Don't worry. I know CPR if you try pulling a fast one on me."

Helping him into sitting up, Kahunimon noticed one of the Hagurumon approaching.

"Message from the Professor for you," said the three-fold gear, their eyes blinking before turning white as not just Nanomon's hologram appeared, but ones of Keilani and KausGammamon, too.

"++Is this thing on?++" asked the professor, his face turned towards empty space. His organic eye then shot a glance at Alemana. "++Ah good!++" he said, facing the group. "++Excellent work down there! I knew you could do it, and you proved me right!++"

"++Hey guys++" said Keilani, waving. "++We just finished on our end. How's the node doing now?++"

Nanomon puffed out what constituted his chest. "++With the engine back under control, we should have no trouble evading the volcanode's attacks now++"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 07:11:53 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea