Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7893 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 734 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2024, 07:29:14 PM »

While the teen checked, neither he nor Kahunimon could ignore the sizzling noise of the sandwich making contact with Lavo's tongue. The dragon didn't even chew, so small was the offering.

("Perhaps they can understand, but can't reply,") thought Kahuni. ("They seem to at least understand enough to use their tongue instead of biting.")

No good. No matter where Alemana looked, his digivice showed no translation feature beyond digicode.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2024, 08:09:26 PM »

“Figures..” Al mumbled as he looked up at Lavogaritamon “Okay let’s try something real basic: nod your head up and down if you understand me.”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2024, 08:25:49 PM »

Another huff came from the dragon... before it bobbed its head forward.

"Perfect," said Kahunimon, smiling. "That means we should be able to talk in yes-or-no questions."

Lavo grumbled something low from the back of their throat. Whether that was in confirmation or disgruntlement remained up for debate.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:42 PM »

“It’s a start at least. Okay next question. Do you have a Tamer?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2024, 04:51:46 PM »

The dragon shook its head.

"Did someone send you here?" asked Kahunimon.

Again, Lavo shook its head.

"What about humans? Have you seen them before?"

At this, the dragon cocked its head to one side, staring at the dancer.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2024, 05:05:26 PM »

“Humans, like me and her.” Al said as he pointed to his sister. This seemed rather counterproductive.. it really didn’t seem like the creature really understood what it was doing here.

“Do you want to go home?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2024, 05:18:05 PM »

A hot gust of sulfuric breath battered the pair as Lavo... sighed? It was difficult to tell.

"The hyperlink you came through," said Kahuni. "Is that where you live?"

The dragon rested its head on the ground, grumbling.

"Sounds like he's depressed," said Keilani, the senior Sonson at last reaching the group. Gammy was still hoping from crater to crater in the background.

"You can understand him?" asked the dancer.

"I've been around a couple like him. If I had to guess, something forced him to leave wherever he used to live. That, or you guys really did a number on his self-esteem."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2024, 05:19:39 PM »

Al would look down at Lavo, then at his sister, then back to Lavo. “Is that true? Did you get kicked out of your home?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2024, 05:35:15 PM »

Something about the dragon's expression reminded Al of a certain Cashew sulking after being denied a walk during storm season.

"To drive away an ultimate-level digimon from its own territory," said Kahunimon. "Whatever it was would have had to be just as strong at the very least."

"Assuming he didn't get lost through a portal in the Digital World," said Kei. "Get lost in unfamiliar places would stress anybody out."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2024, 06:48:00 PM »

“True , both ways. Well let’s ask him- er- or her, if you’re a her. I don’t judge either way!” Al said with a bashful smile as he then grew a bit more serious.

“Did you get lost? Or did you come from this place?” He asked, motioning to a holoscreen that showed the Hyperlink it seemingly came from.. and the Node attached to it.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2024, 08:00:47 PM »

("Yes-or-no questions, hon,") thought Kahuni, winking at her partner. Her attention returned to Lavo, however, as the dragon lifted his head up, pointing his snout at the hole in the sky, and the hyperlink beyond.

"That's hyperlink number five, right?" asked Kei. "The one connected to Mauna Kea?"

At this, Lavo nodded.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2024, 08:08:32 PM »

(“Psh,. I knew that.”) Al said as as his cheeks became a faint cinnamon color as he stared up at the hole. “The observatory huh. Were you chased out of there, Lavogaritamon?” He asked, pointing at the portal.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2024, 08:24:53 PM »

The dragon nodded.

"Was it another digimon?" asked the dancer.

Again, the dragon nodded, causing the the trio to exchange looks.

"If another digimon's involved," said Keilani. "Then whatever node's active might be at risk of popping an INAS if it hasn't already."

"My thoughts exactly," said Kahuni. "Even if far away from the public, the raw data coming from it, not to mention how important a site like Mauna Kea is to Hawaiian culture, CODE will likely get involved."

"True. While the University of Hawaii manages all the observatories on Mauna Kea, those same buildings are leased to the DLNR - Hawaii's Department of Natural Resources."

"Which makes them government assets."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2024, 08:49:04 PM »

“Well that makes it more of a reason for us to make sure to take care the possible INAS. CODE doesn’t seem to have the means to fix them from what we’ve seen. But.. “ he then looked at Keilani “Do you want to come with? You’re supposed to work up there… I don’t wanna endanger your career if we can avoid it Sis..”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2024, 09:20:26 PM »

The scientist smirked, ruffling Al's hair. "Pretty sure my career'd be over if my little bro got caught, too."

"What about your car?" asked Kahunimon. "If you leave it abandoned on the highway, won't it get towed?"

"Maybe. I'm sure I can get Vivi and Eyesmon to help out with that, not that the INAS' locked down. The bigger question is: are you guys okay going? I don't know what you record is, Kahunimon, but you can't hold your ultimate form forever."

The dancer shrugged. "I can always de-digivolve back to Kyubimon to conserve energy. Might even be more convenient if we need to mobilize; carrying everyone on my back."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea