Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7747 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Classical World of Darkness  |  Vampire the Masquerade  |  Giovanni Chronicles (Moderator: Kapten)  |  Act 1 - Scene One - The Invitation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Act 1 - Scene One - The Invitation  (Read 1052 times)
Ominous Presence

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2022, 03:20:49 AM »

Moses mulled over Hank's reply, consciously not taking another pull of the whiskey. After a thoughtful moment he nodded. "Well that's encouraging. I suppose I'd best make sure I have appropriate attire once I've wrapped up here. Thanks for delivering this in person." He motions with the letter before tucking it in a vest pocket.

Once Hank is back ashore, he downs the last of his cup and ponders the future.
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2022, 08:51:16 AM »

Serafina

Hank smiled and got up from his seat. "My pleasure, kiddo. You go tell your mother." Hank headed for the door, getting his coat and hat, stopping for a moment as his hand hovered over the door handle. "Serafina?" There was a pause as the otherwise jovial man seemed uncharacteristically muted. "Ah, never mind. Mark your calendar, kiddo. You don't wanna miss this for the world!" With that, Hank stepped into the hallway and closed the door behind him, heading out into the bright morning.

Leonard

Hank nodded and grabbed his hat and coat. "Right back atcha, doc! It'll be fun, I'm sure. I hear the wine's excellent!" Hank grinned mischievously and tipped his hat to Leonard. "This is going to be good, Lenny, mark my words. Good things are coming your way."

Moses

Hank nodded, pleased with Moses' answer. Unsteady legs got him back on the quay, where he turned around and looked down at Moses, the afternoon sun blocked out by Hank's stout figure, rendering him nothing more than a silhouette. "You enjoy the rest of your evening, captain Dunsirn. Here's to smooth sailing until Thursday." With that, Hank turned and left, stepping out of the sun, it's rays bathing Moses with warmth.

Isabella

Hank looked both surprised and amused as he clutched his already reddening cheek. "I suppose I deserved that one. Until next time, Ms Giovanni." With Hank out of the picture, Isabella could get back to the life that mattered to her. Claire's warm arms around her back and shoulders, her soft breath, slightly smelling of wine, whispering in her ear. "What a creep-o."
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2022, 04:51:36 PM »

As soon as Hank had left the house, Serafina went to her mother to give her the news and ask permission to go to the mass. Chiarina was momentarily hesitant, but then agreed that it would be a good idea for her daughter to go meet Uncle Andreas.

Serafina spent the next days preparing for the mass, she read up on the process as well as she could. she had no concept of the Family's own quirky versions of the ritual, but she did her best to feel prepared for it. On the night of the meeting, she put on the dress she had spent most of her money on, specifically for this event. A black dress that covered her arms and fell mid-way between her ankles and knees, and wore a matching pair of shoes. She had even gone to the hair-dresser and had her hair done up for a solemn event.

As she was standing in front of the mirror, making sure she looked perfect, she was very satisfied, and topped off the look by replacing one of the hair needles the hairdresser had used, with the silver needle her Aunt Isabel had gifted her.

Then she left to meet the Family.
Ominous Presence

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2022, 01:09:26 AM »

Moses spends the intervening time in the most productive manner possible; doing nothing and taking on no new work in the mean time. He informs Abner to hold any potential clients from his side of the business until Friday, explaining that he has a very lucrative, but potentially exclusive lead to follow on. Dusting off a bible on Wednesday evening, Moses skims the text, hopping from book to book, to re-familiarize himself with the tone. He sleeps in on Thursday, waking with plenty of time to eat a solid meal, make sure he's got a fresh suit, and arrive early enough to wait across the street for an hour or so before the indicated time.
ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2022, 02:46:18 AM »

Isabella pressed a soft kiss to Claire's forehead, "Family drama, just ignore it," and they danced and drank the night away.

On the evening of the mass, she put on her freshly ironed black suit - rush job and everything - and a soft pink blouse. No tie this time - she was going for classy, not hot, after all. Full makeup tonight as Andreas might be only a distant relative but he was the real head of the family, and her prized fedora to top it all off. And with that all set, she hailed a cab to go to the church.
Magic: For when being lazy isn't enough.

WoD Codex: http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Main_Page

Administrator Voice
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea