Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7750 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Classical World of Darkness  |  Vampire the Masquerade  |  Giovanni Chronicles (Moderator: Kapten)  |  Act 1 - Scene Two - The Church
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Act 1 - Scene Two - The Church  (Read 1417 times)
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2022, 06:52:47 PM »

For a brief moment, Serafina grimaced when she tasted the metallic liquid, but as soon the euphoria of the proxy kiss settled, she set the initial distaste aside and took in a deep sip and closed her eyes as she handed it off to Leonard.

She kept her eyes closed for the rest of the ceremony, not opening them again until Andreas spoke, looking at him and then at the others when he addressed them. She did not know the two men, only peripherally recognizing the name Dunsirn. Her cousin however she recognized very well. She did not particularly like or dislike Isabella she simply did not understand her. She had a rebellious streak completely foreign to Serafina.

She looked at Stephano when he was introduced, and nodded politely to him, waiting for Andreas to continue.
ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 01:57:09 AM »

Well that was better than that one time she'd tried cocaine. Holy shit. What in the actual fuck? That wasn't wine, right? It couldn't be. It was too good.

After the ceremony ended, she finally took a closer look at her fellows - she didn't know the two men, but oh wow that was Little Miss Perfect Serafina! What was she doing in a pit of heresy like this? And past her bedtime too! Aunt Chiarina must be losing her grip. She curled her lip a little into a smirk as the two women locked eyes briefly, before winking at her with a flash of teeth.

Much like her cousin, she also waited for Andreas to keep going.
Magic: For when being lazy isn't enough.

WoD Codex: http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Main_Page

Administrator Voice
Ominous Presence

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2022, 12:27:36 AM »

Moses clapped Leonard on the shoulder in a gesture of camaraderie (as he'd do with anyone who has stopped him from bleeding out), waved to Stefano, and nodded with a polite smile to Serafina and Isabella. While he knew neither woman, but noted their surnames and was relieved to have his earlier suspicion of their presence here put to rest. He otherwise remained silent as not to interrupt Andreas, but proffered a handshake to him in greeting as soon as the introductions were over.
Rex Vulpes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2022, 09:15:36 PM »

Wanting to get this entire distasteful business over with as quickly as possible, Leonard nodded politely to Andreas Giovanni. He was torn in a place between nausea and ecstasy. The wine had tasted good. Better than the first burn of scotch in the morning. It left him jazzed up, energetic without being jangly, and he wanted to jump out of his own skin. It took considerable effort to look politely hurried and disinterested, effort betrayed by the beading sweat on his brow.

"Very pleased to meet you, Mr. Giovanni," said Leonard. To both Andreas and Stefano, in point of fact. "You too, ladies. Mr. Dunsirn." That seemed to cover everyone. Leonard looked at his watch, tapping his foot with a rapid patter on the church's stone floor.
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 05:38:44 PM »

Andreas looked at Leonard, seemingly finding amusement in his discomfort, but was content to let the matter lie. Andreas made a sweeping gesture with his arms to emphasize the surroundings.

"The reason I brought you all here is the family. The Giovanni family is growing, and I would like for all of you to be a part of what is to come. Think of it as a promotion, if you will." There was a hint of the old country in Andreas' accent, in the way he seemingly put emphasis on each syllable spoken. "You'll see what I mean in a few nights. For now, you should go about business as usual, but this Saturday night, there's a party I would like for you to attend. Paul DiCarlo, a friend of the family, is having a gathering at his house and it is a good place to, how do you say? Press the flesh. Stephano will provide you with the address.

"First, however, I would like a few words with each of you, before you leave for the night."
Andreas walked up to Leonard's side, placing his right hand on the doctor's back, between his shoulder blades, gently but firmly urging him away from the others. "Please, talk amongst yourselves. We will be back shortly."

Leonard

The two men walked down the aisle, Andreas steering Leonard away from the center of the church and behind a pillar, giving them a modicum of privacy. "You seem disturbed, Doctor Malatesta. Don't worry, you are not in trouble with me, or you wouldn't be here. So tell me, what's on your mind?"
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2022, 06:05:59 PM »

Serafina smiled when Andreas said he wanted to talk to them privately, but when he walked off with Leonard first, her eyes stared after them intensely, lingering for a few moments even after they had both left the room, but then she seemed to snap out of it and directed her attention to the other two. Not sure what to make of the unknown man, she looked at her cousin and smiled pleasantly. "Cousin Isabella. It has been too long. I thought you had left to .. To do what?"
ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2022, 12:03:49 AM »

Isabella's face curled into a snarl before she sneered, "I didn't realize Aunt Chiarina was letting you out so late. How much begging and pleading did this little event cost you? Seeing as you don't even breathe without her approval."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 12:13:00 PM by ColossusCrusher » Logged

Administrator Voice
Rex Vulpes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 03:38:24 PM »

Leonard was about to reply on automatic, make some pleasant banality about indigestion or something else that would be an outright lie about the source of his discomfort. Two things drew him up short, however. The first was Andreas' use of his formal name. On just about everyone's lips that spoke it in Boston, not to mention his degree and identification card, he was Leonard Test. Malatesta was a name he had deliberately distanced himself from years ago, and Andreas' use of it seemed deliberate. Reminding him where he'd come from. What his roots were. All that.

The second was the feeling coursing through him. It intensified when he spoke with Andreas. It was like the intensity of a new friendship but also the comfort of an old and beloved relationship all mixed into one. If Andreas' hadn't been a man, Leonard would say he had a crush on him.

"Yeah, no, I..." he stammered. Then cleared his throat. "That was an unusual Mass," he said. "I'm not sure the Bishop would approve." He laughed dryly at his own bad joke. "I'm just not sure what I'm doing here. You said a promotion, so to speak, but I'm not sure what more you need from an old surgeon like me that I'm not already doing for you. But I guess that's what we'll see at the party, eh? I mean, as long as there's an open bar I'm not likely to stay away. Is it...ahh...is it a formal affair? I think my tux is at the cleaners."

He looked over and saw Serafina staring at them as he drifted out slightly from behind the pillar and gave her a wave. He made a note to talk to her, and to Moses, before he left. Which he desperately hoped would be soon.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 03:40:04 PM by Rex Vulpes » Logged
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2022, 11:15:01 AM »

Leonard

"Nothing that formal, doctor." Andreas chuckled. "No, it is a social. Still, it would behoove you to look your best." Giovanni reached into his jacket, pulling out a small note, handing it over to Leonard between his index and middle fingers. "This number. You need anything, you call it. I will tell Hank to fix you up with a suit. Consider it a gift. And don't worry, I'm sure you'd be surprised at what you'll be capable of doing for me."

Andreas' eyes wandered the church interior, his face taking on an almost regretful look for a moment before returning to Leonard. "Unusual Mass? Yes. But you would do well to reflect on its message. Live in the now. Respect those above you, and pay them homage. After all, throughout history godly men have fallen from grace while pagan people did just fine when they were left alone. People are simply afraid. They set rules for themselves that they can’t possibly follow, swear allegiance to a leader they’ll never meet, or some totally improbable deity, and then wonder why they are miserable..."

Andreas flashed a bashful smile, but something menacing hid underneath that expression. "My apologies. I've something of a fascination with the human mind, and the work of the alienists. Next time we have some time to ourselves I would like to discuss the medical sciences with you, and where Man, God and the soul fit into it. But we should not keep the others waiting. Would you please tell miss Isabella I would like a word with her."
Rex Vulpes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2022, 01:41:50 PM »

"Of course," Leonard said, both relieved and annoyed at being dismissed from Andreas' company. He didn't believe what Andreas said. Oh, that wasn't right. He believed that Andreas was sincere about it. But he was not sure he agreed with the facts of the matter. Where it wasn't common sense, it seemed like the history of the godly and the pagan was not quite as sanguine as Andreas said. Or maybe he, Leonard, had it wrong. History had never been his strong suit. Maybe he should look into it. "I've got a few suits," he mumbled as he went back into the main chapel.

"He wants to see you," he told Isabella. Turning to Serafina and Moses. "Mr. Dunsirn I know but I'm not so sure we've been formally introduced," he said.
Ominous Presence

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2022, 12:54:08 AM »

Moses listened to the two women's exchange, the verbal sparring almost more confirmation of a familial connection between the two than any physical resemblance or Andreas' introduction. It reminded him of his older brother, Wallace, and he recognized his own instinctual response at Wallace's snipes as the set of Isabella's feet and shoulders shifted ever so slightly. This seemed like the wrong time for things to go the way they so often did with Wallace. He was just about to speak up, when Leonard returned. "You look like you've seen a ghost, or need a drink, or maybe both?"" he said to Leonard and motions for him to continue. "I was just about to make my introduction as well."
ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2022, 10:35:10 PM »

Isabella nodded to Leonard, although she didn't know his name yet, and headed towards Andreas. Time to see what the patriarch really wanted.

Administrator Voice
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2022, 02:14:47 PM »

Serafina was about to deliver a sharp response to Isabella when they were interrupted by Leonard returning and informing them that her cousin was next. She said nothing as Isabella walked to their uncle, just looking at her leave, before she turned her attention to her two new companions with a smile.

I am so sorry, I am Serafina Giovanni hello to you both.
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2022, 08:43:28 AM »

Isabella

As Isabella rounded the pillar she found Andreas waiting, arms crossed. His arms opened in a welcoming gesture as she approached. "Ah, niece. I'm glad you made it. After the shiner you gave Hank I was concerned you might not come."

ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 12:15:06 AM »

Isabella shrugged, "You're the family boss - least I could do is attend. And if he told you the full story, you'd know he had it coming. Now I'm not exactly a big fan of the Church, but even I know an absolute shitload of blasphemy when I see it. What's all this about?"

While she knew her eye contact wouldn't unnerve him, it was about sending a message.

Administrator Voice
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea