Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7746 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Classical World of Darkness  |  Vampire the Masquerade  |  Giovanni Chronicles (Moderator: Kapten)  |  Act 1 - Scene Two - The Church
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Act 1 - Scene Two - The Church  (Read 1415 times)
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 04:07:33 PM »

Andreas raised an eyebrow, a newfound sense of curiosity expressing itself on his face. His expression quickly settled into a more serious cast. "Would you believe me if I told you our family has harbored blasphemers during its history? Heretics, criminals, madmen, provocateurs, homosexuals, outcasts. Not only did we protect our own deviants: We raised them up. Your parents, with their... shall we say traditional beliefs? They would have you on your knees, or on your back, bearing more pliant offspring and thinking it is what's best for the family." Andreas, no stranger to blasphemy, spat on the church floor. "The mediocre have their place, but it is the inspired amongst us who lead this family. They would waste your potential by having you conform to their desires. I would hate to see you waste your potential working a desk job." Andreas extended an open hand in friendship. "I want you to come home, Isabella. Not back to your parents, but to the family."
ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 11:03:16 PM »

Well, he definitely knew how to tailor a recruitment pitch, Isabella would give him that much. And not like she had much other choice apart from wallowing in mediocrity. She took his hand and shook it.

"You and the family do right by me, I'll do right by you. The family hasn't done much for me, but I'm willing to extend a second chance. Break that trust and I'm done, though. I won't let myself get burned twice."
Magic: For when being lazy isn't enough.

WoD Codex: http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Main_Page

Administrator Voice
Rex Vulpes
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2022, 06:32:20 PM »

"I wouldn't say no to a drink," Leonard said. Hell, about now I would beg for one, he thought. He made every effort possible not to check his watch. Not because he was bored by the present company or had anywhere else to be, but because it seemed impossible to him that this night was still going on. He felt like he had been wrung out like a sponge, and it was only by some marvel that he was still on his feet. He wanted to get out, to go...not home. He was too keyed up to go home. But somewhere. Out. Maybe a club. There had to be someplace open. Maybe in one of the working-class neighborhoods he could find a drink, music, companionship...yes. That was about his speed.

"Ahh, Ms. Giovanni," he said after being introduced to Serafina. He looked between her and their host Andreas. "You must be Mr. Giovanni's..." he calculated her age. "Neice, perhaps. Surely not his daughter?"

He looked at Moses with a tilt of his head. "Shiner?" he asked.
Ominous Presence

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2022, 01:43:21 AM »

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ms. Giovanni." Moses nodded to her and smiled. "As part of the family, any idea why we're here?"

Moses was a bit perplexed at Leonard's comment; he'd been doing exactly as the doctor had ordered and had avoided any dust-ups since his injury, which was now practically healed. We'll stop by a place I know once we've all spoken with our host. You're more than welcome to join us, Serafina."
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2022, 08:48:16 PM »

Serafina kept glancing towards where her cousin had left to talk to their uncle while she spoke with Moses and Leonard, but kept most of her attention on them while they spoke.

She smiled politely at Leonard's question and nodded "I believe so. Yes. The family is large and complicated, and when it reaches a certain point everybody is known as an uncle or a cousin. But if I understand it correctly, Uncle Andreas is the brother or cousin of my father." That last point was not entirely accurate. In reality, Serafina had no idea what her relationship to Andreas was, but there was no way she would admit that. "I apologize sir, I did not get your name, Mr...?"

"I am pleased to meet you too Mr. Dunsirn." She nodded a little bit at his question, she had no intention to reveal that she was as oblivious about their presence here as they seemed to be. "I suspect I know, but I do not think I should say until Uncle Andreas has had a chance to." She paused a moment to consider Moses' suggestion, for some reason it excited her to go out on the town for a while, something that had never interested her at all, and for a moment it gave her a flash of desire more intense than she had ever known. "No.. I should probably go home after this. It is late already." She changed the subject quickly to what they had experienced earlier. "This was a very interesting ceremony. I can't say I have been to a mass like it before, but it seemed designed to attract the spirits and favour of the ancestors. Maybe give us their help in what Uncle Andreas has planned for us?"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:55:57 PM by Munch » Logged
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:53 AM »

Again, a look of slight puzzlement briefly appeared on Andreas' face, but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared. "Trust. I like that." Andreas reached into his suit jacket and pulled out a card, handing it to Isabella. "In case you need anything in the coming days, you call this number, and it's taken care of. And remember: DiCarlo's party is on Saturday. It's not a formal affair, but it's not a plus one either. It is a good place to meet the right people, however." Andreas smiled enigmatically. "Would you please tell your cousin to come over? I have a few words for her."
ColossusCrusher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2022, 01:45:22 PM »

Isabella nodded, "I'll be there. Thanks for the invitation."

She left Andreas and returned to the others, "You're up, cousin. Try not to drool too much over the big, important family member."
Magic: For when being lazy isn't enough.

WoD Codex: http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Main_Page

Administrator Voice
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2022, 05:00:52 PM »

As soon as Isabella returned and told her that she was next, Serafina broke off from her conversation with Moses and Leonard, and rushed towards where Andreas was waiting, saying nothing in response to her cousin's jab. Perhaps because she was in a hurry, perhaps because she could not come up with a quick witty response.

When she approached the older Giovanni, she smiled wide-eyed, her heart beating faster than she thought it should have.
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2022, 11:05:10 AM »

Upon seeing Serafina approach, Andreas offered up a warm, slightly predatory smile. "Ahh, Serafina. You're all grown up! Last time I saw you, you could barely fill out a dress, and now you've grown into a beautiful woman!"
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2022, 04:38:31 PM »

From birth, Sera had been taught never to look away from the eyes of an elder family member while they were talking to her, so her eyes were transfixed on the piercing gaze of her uncle, even as his eyes roamed the rest of her body. She swallowed a bit before she managed to respond to Andreas' compliment.

"Thank you uncle. I ... " She paused for a moment and then seemed to snap out of her stupor, at least somewhat. "I was very taken with the mass, Uncle. Aunt Isabels studies make me think it was more important than Cousin Isabella and the other two might understand."
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2022, 08:44:35 AM »

Andreas nodded, smiling approvingly. "Then you felt it as well? Tell me, niece, what do you make of the significance of tonight's Mass?" The older Giovanni strokes his chin, his eyes boring into Seafina's. There was something terrifying and exciting about earning the man's curiosity.
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2022, 07:57:42 PM »

She nodded in response to his question and thought it over for a second before answering.

"Our ancestors were called, to watch us. And I hope, to watch over us."
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2022, 11:43:27 AM »

"I defunti onorati - The honored dead - graced you with their presence. Our family is strong, because we know to pay respect to our elders, even if they are no longer with us in life, and they in turn watch over us, and bring good fortune. Remember what the good Father said about tribute, and you will remain in their graces." Andreas put his arm around Serafina's shoulder and leaned in to speak to her in a low tone. "Your cousin, Dr. Test and Mr. Dunsirn, they will be important to the family, but they don't know about our deeper commitments to tradition, not like you do, Serafina. That is why I need you to keep an eye on them, and make sure they do us proud. They all understand the importance of material power, but without a sense of respect and reverence for how things are done, it will diminish any of our accomplishments. Can I count on you to keep an eye on them, dear niece?"
Munch
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2022, 04:11:31 PM »

Having the full attention of Andreas felt good. Serafina had talked to him less than a handful of times before this but it already felt like she could trust him, like he trusted her. She listened to what he was saying and nodded at the appropriate places. she understood what he wanted from her and why, at least she thought she knew why.

When he asked her the last question, she looked up at him and nodded quickly. "Yes Uncle Andreas, of course. I will make sure everything goes smoothly."
Kapten

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2022, 11:38:57 AM »

Andreas smiled wolfishly. "Good girl." Reaching into his suit jacket, he pulled out a card. "On this card is a number. If you have any problems, if you need anything: you call this number." Handing Serafina the card, Andreas continued. "Make sure you don't miss DiCarlo's party on Saturday. There are going to be some important people there, and you'll want to impress them. Now, please fetch me Mr. Dunsirn, if you would. It's getting late, and I'm sure you all have places to be."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea