Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7893 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 24  (Read 772 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2024, 02:25:10 AM »

Just as Alemana was about to heckle the hologram into oblivion, the teen noticed something about Nanomon's choice of words. There was another way of interpreting them.

("Is he trying to say he won't tell anyone about us?") thought Kahunimon. ("That must mean he knows someone who'd ask about Tamers.")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2024, 02:29:44 AM »

Al felt the words trail off as he then thought about it a bit harder.. and he frowned. (“If that’s true.. “)

He then tried a different tact “Surely there’s been at least one who was memorable. After all.. word is there are some who try to keep tabs ob such things. Are you sure there isn’t anyone like that who comes to mind? I can keep a secret if you can.”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2024, 02:37:56 AM »

"++Apologies, human++" said the hologram. "++But even if I did know anything, as this node's administrator, I'm obligated to follow the NDA when it comes to such things. Wouldn't be up to code, etcetera++"

("There it is,") thought Kahunimon. ("CODE.")

Out of the corner of his eye, Al saw KausGammamon motion to speak, but Keilani put a hand in front of the ceratop's arm, her attention fixed on Nanomon.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2024, 02:45:38 AM »

Al’s expression would shift again, and he nodded “I understand. Well if there isn’t anything else you guys need help with, maybe we should get out of your hair. Well.. figuratively speaking.” Al said as he then paused

“But before we go.. have you guys seen anything weird happen to any other nodes lately? Like.. suddenly changing administrators or undergoing some dramatic shift in architecture for no explicable reason?”

(“Maybe they’ve seen Brena try to make a new hideout.”)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2024, 03:02:29 AM »

"++Besides the firebolts and subsequent chaos? Not particularly. It'll take hours just to make basic repairs, so we won't be able to focus on anything beyond our node, either++" The domed digimon raised his hands up, tapping at the air. Suddenly, a quiet hum sounded as a pixelated oval of light coalesced into existence, hovering above the floor. "++I've opened up a shortcut for you and yours to vacate the premises through. Should expedite your passage through the node while bypassing the Volcanode's firing range in one fell swoop++"

And without another word, the professor's hologram blinked out of existence, the glow of Hagurumon's eye fading back to normal.

"Don't go chasing lavaflow," said the gearhead.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2024, 03:05:30 AM »

“Well.. it was worth asking. See you around, professor. Let’s go home, Kei.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2024, 02:52:50 PM »

"++Yeah++" said the astronomer. "++Catch you in a bit++"

As both she and Kaus' holograms blinked out, Hagurumon's other eye returned to its usual red. The three-fold cog waved to Al and Kahuni as the pair stepped through the portal, the world fading to white and the chirping of distant computers made digital.

Unbeknownst to them, Solarmon watched their departure from camera feeds on the command deck.

"You sure it's okay to keep this all hush-hush?" she asked, looking at the hologram of Nanomon on her workstation.

"++Of course I am++" he chuckled. "++Our mission has always been the first and foremost study of the physical plane's universe, be it volcanic or astronomic++"

"Sure, aaaaand if we get caught, you're not the only one that'll get interrogated."

"++Indeed, which is why I trust you -- and everyone else for that matter -- will keep things strictly confidential++"

Just as Nanomon had promised, the group found themselves floating in cyberspace together, at the very edge of the node cluster. When nothing attacked them, Kei climbed back onto KausGammamon, directing everyone head back through the hyperlink they'd entered from. In agreement, Kahunimon reverted to her Champion-level form, carrying Al to the newly sealed highway node.

"How're you holding up?" Kei asked her brother. The lack of wind resistance made it easy to hear her voice as they travelled.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 09:03:10 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2024, 09:06:42 PM »

Al was using Kyubimon like a mattress with how forward he was leaning, face in her mane

“I feel like I’ve been charbroiled twice and then microwaved for good measure Kei Kei..”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2024, 09:14:11 PM »

"Don't worry," said Kyubimon. "We'll make sure Al gets to Kamapua'amon if there's trouble."

"Do not overexert yourself further today," said Kaus.

"Yeah," said Kei. "Me and Kaus can take it from here if you guys wanna head back to the house. I gotta grab my car anyway."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 09:20:36 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2024, 09:16:14 PM »

“I think I’ll be fine. Nothing some aloe won’t fix honestly. And yeah.. I think we’re gonna go home. My car is still on the side of the road too.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2024, 09:26:21 PM »

"Yeah, but my car's worth the trouble," she chuckled.

Reaching the end of the tunnel, the group arrived at the node to find little had changed... but for the crater-sized nest in which Lavogaritamon now nestled.

"Ohhh," said Kyubi. "Almost forgot about him..."

"Ah, he's fine," said Keilani. "Not like there's anyone else in the node to share it with."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2024, 09:29:39 PM »

Alemana just rolled his eyes as he then glanced at the dragon “Oh yeah. Hey there . So..we’re gonna just let you crash here for now. Here you go by the way.” He would then open his storage and bring out his emergency sandwich, and tossed it to Lavogaritamon
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 07, 2024, 09:46:21 PM »

Despite having appeared fast asleep, the dragon caught the offering in its molten maw before tucking his snout back under his wings like a bird.

It was then that Kyubimon's body became incandescent again, the great fox reverting to Renamon as she braced Al with her body. "Speaking of crashing," she said, wrapping her arms around him. "Let's get you home before you pass out at the wheel."

Without further distraction, the group left the node (and their new tenant). The drive back home was quiet, with Kei and Kaus following behind Al and Renamon, the fox having donned her human disguise just before leaving the node. The group split up the moment they reached the house, however, leaving team fox to greet Cashew at the door as Keilani argued with Kaus about something from inside her car.

("Surprised he hasn't dedigivoled back to Gammamon,") thought Renee, glancing over her shoulder to see Keilani struggling to throw a blue tarp over her partner.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2024, 02:20:04 PM »

Waving goodbye to the dragon Al would brace himself against Renamon “I’ll be fine.”

And true enough, he was able to drive them home safely, though slower than he normally did. But once they got home and Keilani decided to split.. Al squinted slightly  (“Huh.. maybe they are gonna try to hang glide after all. Or maybe they’re gonna— oh god,”) Al then felt his face flush as horror- and morbid curiosity flooded their link

(“What do you think it even looks like- if he’s got one—?!”)

Granted he had no proof that his sister and Kaus had such a relationship( and if they did who was he to judge- he had done things with Renamon).. but how they acted was suspicious.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2024, 02:33:35 PM »

The idea alone was enough to make Renee laugh out loud.

("Speaking of manhoods,") she thought, wrapping her hand around Al's waist. ("I took the liberty of texting someone over~")

"Hello?" came a voice from upstairs, the sound of footsteps drawing the pair's attention from each other. It was Ike. "Hey," said the Samoan. "I got your message! What's the emergency?"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea