Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:07:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 19  (Read 2531 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2023, 11:32:02 PM »

And he wouldn’t say anything.. he simply buried his head into her neck.. his tears reselling into her fur for a moment. And they just lay there for a few minutes. His fingers gently combing through the fur on her back. After awhile though.. he would then gently take hold of one of her shoulder tuffs. “What.. what did you get from him, baby girl..?”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2023, 11:58:17 PM »

"Huh? Oh, the agent." Closing her eyes, Renamon steadied her breathing. "His wallet had a government ID," she said. "It labeled him as part of 'The Commission of Observation for Digital Extrapolation.' I haven't gotten around to looking any deeper than that."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2023, 12:10:32 AM »

“…CODE?” Al asked. It was almost funny, that acronym.. whoever these people were, someone at the top had a sense of humor. Al would gently pet Renamon in a soothing manner.. and he would softly kiss one of her ears. “You did good.. I’m proud of you Renamon.” Though there was still a painful ache shared between them.. that praise was genuine, and a warmth emanated from him to her.

They finally had a name to put to the shadowy “Them” that had plagued his thoughts for the past five years.. and now he felt a sense of renewed purpose- one that was palpable to his partner. Sitting up a bit more, he would gently stroke his partner’s face. His lover’s face. That fear wasn’t gone.. but it was much diminished.

“Let’s find Kukuimon.. and then go after this CODE.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2023, 12:27:31 AM »

Renamon nodded. "One step at a time," she said, a smile crossing her face. Taking Al's hand, she returned his kiss, only for a knock at the door to draw both their attention away.

"Hey guys?" came Ike's voice. "Everything alright in there?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2023, 12:34:20 AM »

Kissing her again, he would then glance at the door, wiping at his eyes

“Everything is okay, we will be out in a sec.”

That wasn’t true.. but hopefully they would start to get better. After all, now they had a way to properly deal with the anomalies. After all… now they knew who was trying to understand and control the Digital World.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2023, 03:09:06 PM »

Back in the main room of the clubhouse, the TV was hooked up to a laptop computer that Eyesmon had set up on the coffee table. On both screens was live feed of Vivi from the waist up.

"Hey guys," she said. "Sorry I couldn't make it in person. My parents won't let me go out until tomorrow. But, I'm back now! Got my digivice and heard everything from Eyes about the arcade!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2023, 03:27:14 PM »

“It’s okay Vivi, what’s important is that you’re safe and sound!” Al said as he lounged on the couch- one arm draped over Ike’s shoulder, the other snug around Renamon’s waist.

“Things have just been crazy all day so far.. but hopefully with Eyes help we will be able to find Kukui and get him back to Malie ASAP.” Al said.. and he then sighed. “But in the meantime.. since we have ahold of ya- I am bringing it up. Keilani is moving back in with us tomorrow.. and all this shit regarding the INAS and those people dropping comatose has me kinda,” and he then paused.

“No, not kinda.. absolutely terrified that Kei might be targeted. We’ve suspected that she might have been.. or still is a Tamer.. but I’ve never tried to confront her out of not knowing if we could trust her. But in light of everything that’s happened, I don’t think we have the luxury of dancing around the issue anymore. But since it’s not just mine and Renamon’s livelihoods on the line.. I figure we should vote on it as a team.” He took another breath as he looked at his friends, his face somber.

“Do we risk telling her that we know that she went to the digital world… and should we try to invite her into the team?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2023, 03:50:55 PM »

Vivi adjusted her glasses. "Wow," she said. "Yeah, no matter how you slice it, either choice is a double-edged sword. One one hand, if she IS a tamer, leaving her out of the loop'd put her at risk of getting caught. And we could really use the extra pair of hands."

From Gazimon's place on the beanbag chair, the chimera frowned. "But what if she ain't?" he asked. "I mean, ain't she been out'a town this whole time? What if she's actually in cahoots with 'you-know-what'?"

"The Commission of Observation for Digital Extrapolation," said Renamon. "Aka CODE. It's what I was able to glean from our agent friend."

"CODE?" echoed Malie. "But if Keilani was working for the feds, wouldn't they have done a background check on her whole family before bringing her on?"

"That's a good point," said Vivi. "What do you think, Al?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:27:56 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2023, 04:15:12 PM »

Alemana would listen to everyone’s reasoning, and he hugged Renamon a bit tighter.

“Gazimon and Malie both make valid points.. and that’s why I’m still hesitant. If we call this the wrong way.. we’re fucked. But if Kei is not involved with CODE and we say nothing to her.. she’s potentially fucked. Either way.. someone is fucked in this situation…” and he would look down.

“But at the same time.. she’s my sister. I have to hope that maybe, just maybe.. she’d choose us and help us save Lonomon and Waihona. So let’s put it to vote. Who thinks we should stay quiet?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2023, 04:26:44 PM »

The others exchanged looks with one another. None were quick to raise their hand, but after Gazimon motioned his paw up, Ike would follow, along with Eyes.

"That's three," said Vivi. "All in favor of taking the risk?"

In unison, Renamon raised her paw along with Malie and Vivi.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2023, 04:42:50 PM »

A tie.. of course.  He would look about the faces of his friends, human and digimon, and he felt his heart clench a bit. It was up to him.. and he was terrified of what everyone would say or think depending on his vote. But he had to hold fast to his conviction. He said that he had to hold out hope that his sister could be trusted.. if he backpedaled.. it would show that he didn’t truly believe that. It would undermine his integrity… put doubt in his friends. If he wasn’t even sure of a vote that he himself suggested.. what else would he falter at in the future? With a breath, he would raise his hand alongside Malie, Renamon, and Vivi.

“Four to three. That settles it then.. we tell her tomorrow.”

He just prayed that this decision wouldn’t stab them in the back.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2023, 05:02:01 PM »

[Gain +1 Inspiration]

Sighing, Ike let his head hang back. "A vote's a vote," he said. "So how do we wanna do this? Get her alone and talk it out?"

"I'm not sure having everyone there would be the best way to go about it," said Renamon. "It'd probably be best if Al and I broke her in. At least initially."

"Finding out her little bro's dating a digimon," chuckled Eyes. "Can't wait to see how that turns out."

"Hmph, Keilani has been nothing but a friend to Renee. I don't see why we wouldn't get along."

"Even though you're a fox?" asked Gazimon.

"Especially because I'm a fox."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »

Al would softly lean in and give Ike’s neck a soft kiss,  giving him a hug “Its gonna be okay Ike, I promise.” He said as he looked at Renamon and Eyesmon “I have to agree with Rena, it should be me and her first, so we can judge which way the wind is blowing. That way if something goes wrong, we can help you guys establish plausible deniability.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2023, 06:25:13 PM »

"That's a good idea," said Vivi. "Maybe the rest of us can stand by at the clubhouse tomorrow for further developments. If nothing else, we can look into finding Kukuimon using the new intel everyone found."

"Works for me," said Ike, though the blond was busy adjusting his pants as Al kissed him. "Right Gaz?"

"Sure thing, boss. Beats sittin' around at the house all day."

("Should we tell them about what happened?") thought Renamon inside Al's mind. ("About the agent and what I did?")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2023, 06:40:09 PM »

“Yeah, that’s a good idea guys, that should work fine.” Al said, looking at Ike and hiding a smile at his reaction. At Renamon’s question-

(“Let’s keep that between us, babe..”)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea