Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:38:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7746 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  New World of Darkness  |  World of Darkness  |  Ye Olde Fantasia (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Leirbag's Staircase - Chp 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Leirbag's Staircase - Chp 1  (Read 2103 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2022, 02:15:41 PM »

[Take a beat]

Two nearby patrons raised their mugs in salute of Halgarm's belch, and soon after the barman returned.

"You assume right, my giant friend. The Blue Mirror prides itself in being the go-to place for people wanting to spend coin during the Bizarre Bazaar. Whether you're in the market for something specific, or want a keyhole's view of what's out there, or even just good food and drink."

Slipping a hand under the counter, the human procured a large book with a pastel blue hardcover.

"This has the names, locations, and average price ranges of every merchant participating," he said, turning it around to face the fusion. "People selling magic of any kind are written in blue ink."
Trencalos

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2022, 12:53:08 PM »

"Well, I've recently acquired this grimmoire, but the only way to open it is with a very specific key..." Said the fusion feigning ignorance. "I'm trying to find the keyrune that opens it, essentially and I thought, well, someone around here would know where to find something like that."
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »

[Hmm... roll Presence + Streetwise, with a +5 from Garm]
Trencalos

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2022, 08:15:29 PM »

(1,2,8,8,4,3,2,9)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2022, 09:19:47 PM »

From his pocket, Halgarm pulled out a single gold piece, making sure it caught the light before laying it on the bar.

The barman raised a brow, then glanced around, slipping the offered coin inside the sleeve of his shirt.

"There's a merchant whose rented out a place several blocks from here," he said, leaning over the counter as he kept his voice down. "Jaervis Thornly. Supposedly deals in stuff like that. But you didn't hear it from me."

An abrupt hoorah from a nearby table caused both Halgarm and the barman to look away from each other. Just a typical toast, foam all over the place.

The barman continued. "Password's 'shark'. Make sure to remember."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 11:01:51 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Trencalos

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2022, 11:35:20 AM »

"Got it."  Said Halgarm, giving the barman a short court nod.

The fusion followed the instructions, strutting to the indicated place to meet with Jaervis.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2022, 12:01:36 AM »

Just as the half-orc was about to take his leave, a familiar voice caught their attention.

"I just don't get it," said Evan, the auburn-haired mage sitting at a table. "I mean, was it something I said?"

"You do have that effect on people," said Leaf, taking a sip from his mug.

"All I said was he spends way too much time staring at the professor instead of jotting notes down. I was just trying to help!"

"Maybe you should avoid giving tips out in public. Judging by the shade of red he turned, you embarrassed him something fierce."

"I'm sorry, alright?! I'll make it up to him later."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea