Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7744 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 9
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 9  (Read 3401 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:14:36 PM »

Beneath the Kaua Arena, at the center of its boiler-works and a foul scheme undone, the group was led by Eyesmon to the systems control room. Here, surrounded by monitors and windows overlooking a cargo-elevator shaft, they found gear-shaped digimon; unconscious and tied up with black cables.

"This is where I found it," said Eyesmon, the thousand-eyed shadow slithering into the room like a serpent. Barbs that reminded Alemana of a lionfish had extended from its back after recovering from the poison. Still, it clung to the shadows, its two, twig-like arms clasping at any nearby surface it could peek over. "The Hagurumon were knocked out before the bomb was set to go off..."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 09:28:31 PM »

“Those poor gears.. but I’m curious- why are you down here? Do you work for the Arena?” He asked as he turned the bomb around in his hands.. focusing on the skull and crossbones. “It’s not a coincidence that this bomb was set up today.. but why would they put this symbol? That seems too on the nose..”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 09:49:35 PM »

"Secret!" it said, flattening itself against the floor. Literally. In doing so, it became two-dimensional and slithered without a sound across the surface, only to pop its head back up from behind a desk. "Can't say a word! Not here! NOT HERE!! Too many eyes!"

"(That goes without saying,)" mused Renamon, her voice inside Al's head again.

"The symbol, though, yesss, that's a good question. Usually means the content is poisonous, but I know for a fact only one bomber was skulking around."

"You mean you saw them?" asked Malie, the girl carrying Kukuimon now that the piglet had reverted to his Rookie form.

"Of course I did!" said Eyesmon, shifting out of the floor to flash its name sake all across its body. "I see everything!"

"What did they look like?" asked Kukuimon.

Raising an index claw, the grinning shadowy beast opened its mouth... then it slammed it shut.

"I don't remember," it said, covering its face to one side.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 10:03:11 PM »

(“It’s just scared, I don’t blame it.”)

“Hey, it’s okay I understand secrets.. I mean look at us,” and he placed his mask back into place.. before then pulling free a fruit.. offering it to the eyeball snake. With his other hand- he would try to scan the Digimon.

When It said it saw the bomber.. and then couldn’t remember .. he would shrug. “I’m sure things will work out. After all.. we have this bomb as evidence. I’m confident we can figure out who did it!” In fact, he had two sinking suspicions.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 10:09:33 PM »

The shadowy beast peeked from behind its clawed hand as Al offered the fruit. All of its eyes became fixed on it, shifting from red to violet as it snatched the morsel away and swallowed it whole.

//Eyesmon
++//Level: Champion
++//Type: Dark Dragon
++//Attribute: Virus
++//Family: Nightmare Soldiers
++//Attacks: Janengan, Deceptive Illusion, Shadow Bind

"Thnk 'u," it said, munching.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:36:40 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 10:14:54 PM »

“Hey, no problem. So.. are you hurt anywhere?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 10:48:50 PM »

"Not anymore. Your pig friend fixed me up good."

"You're welcome!" cheered Kukuimon.

"(That's two red-eyed, dark dragon digimon in this many days,)" said Renamon. "(Think there'll be a third?)"

"Wait!" said Eyesmon. "I just remembered! The bomber came from inside the arena! I was watching through the security feeds!"

"How do you do that, by the way?" asked Renamon, the vixen walking over to untie the Hagurumon. "Are you a hacker?"

"Off the record? I totally am! I can shift between two modes. One lets me access computer networks, the other--wait, forget I said anything! Too many blank spots! Someone could be listening!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 11:25:53 PM »

(“Hey, be nice Rena. And probably tomorrow,”)

“They came from the arena? Can we go back through thr feeds and see who it was?” He asked before petting their snoot.

“You’re safe, it’s okay!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 11:49:32 PM »

"(I'm always nice,)" mused the fox. "(How dare you.)"

Eyesmon chirped to themselves, rumbling in the back of their throat as they regarded Alemana. "I could," they said. "But... what if the Hagurumon wake up?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2022, 12:09:02 AM »

(“Yeah yeah,”)

“Well we will just tell them the truth. But just in case.. let’s hurry”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2022, 12:36:17 AM »

In what Al assumed to be Eyesmon's equivalent of a shrug, the dark dragon dissipated into a chittering black cloud, surging forth towards every console in sight. Like a poltergeist, they caused screens to flash, glitch and distort with their signature eye patterns, as data was streamed at incredible speeds. All of a sudden, every monitor was showing the same content. Nine separate camera feeds were on display, then five, then three. One showcased the entrance to the boiler-works. The second showed the outside of the control room. The last showed said-room's interior, where Hagurumon were seen levitating above the floor as they moved between terminals and workstations. The footage would slow down than speed up at random moments, or even go backwards, till they all matched up with the time of the attack.

The group saw someone skulking down the hallway towards the front entrance. Bipedal, maybe roughly around Gazimon's height - though no signs of claws or long ears were to be seen on the intruder. Static then took over the camera-one's feed, only to come back up in five seconds to no sign of the figure. A few minutes later, camera-two showed the intruder bypass the control room's security by slipping behind a grate in the floor. Two minutes after that, in camera-three, smoke began filling the room, at which point the Hagurumon began dropping to the floor. When it cleared, the intruder was climbing out of a grate at the center of the room, placing the gas bomb on the central computer terminal. That's when they turned around to glare at the camera, revealing their face.

"Sailormon #2!" said Malie, the girl pointing to the number on the digimon's bandana.

The feed then cut off, and remained so. Glancing around the room, Alemana saw what the problem was with the camera: a knife.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 01:02:16 AM »

“So.. the good captain is involved after all,”  Alemana said, though he then thought about it “Unless that’s a Mo-“ he then paused as the feed cut- and glanced at the knife. “What?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2022, 01:11:05 AM »

"Eyesmon," said Renamon, "Is there a live current still active on the camera?"

A message popped up on screen reading: N o p e.

Seeing this, Renamon hurried over to the ruined device. She gave the knife's hilt a measured and precise blow with the back of her knuckle, dislodged the weapon so it dropped into a waiting hand.

"It's a combat knife," she said, looking it over. "Smaller than the ones used by Mo'omon, but definitely of the same make."

"Did either of the Sailormon have knives?" asked Kukuimon.

"I don't remember seeing any, but it's possible."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2022, 01:30:34 AM »

“Well we should go tell MachGaogamon about this bomb.. he needs to know. And you should come with us, Eyesmon!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »

Another message came on screen.

++But my secret! Nobody was supposed to find out about me! They'll ask questions! Too many questions!++
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea