Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7744 Posts in 94 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 20
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 20  (Read 4106 times)
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2023, 09:27:25 PM »

All was quiet at the Seaside Tofu Shack. After buying food, the group had settled on a nearby table with an umbrella for cover.

"Is it time yet?" asked Malie, long having finished her snack.

"It has been for the past five minutes," said Keilani as she checked her digivice.

("Wouldn't be surprised if this was a power move,") thought Renee. ("What do you think?")
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:39:50 PM »

Al would gently nudge Malie when she asked “That’s like a new record of how many times you’ve asked that question in like three minutes.” Al said as he then glanced out at the parking lot.

(“Whatever it is.. I’m sure we’re being watched by someone regardless.”)
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 10:53:47 PM »

Malie tried for a smirk, but the dullness in her eyes remained untouched. That all changed as her attention was drawn to something on the road. Turning, Al saw a white limousine as it passed the group, slowing down to a halt a few yards away. Malie glanced at Al and the others, then back to the vehicle as a door opened.

"That must be her," said Keilani, standing up. "Gotta say, though, that's a pretty small limousine next to the ones I've seen in Honolulu."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 11:12:49 PM »

Al would softly take hold of her hand and give it a squeeze, trying to be as reassuring as possible

“It’s gonna be okay, Lord Bucketmon.” He said softly as the limo pulled up. To say that he found it to be ostentatious wouldn’t do it Justice- a white limousine? That was some gall to ride around Hilo in such a conspicuous wagon… he was almost impressed actually.

“Maybe not for Honolulu.. but c’mon- how many stretch limos do you see just prowling Hilo sis?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 11:38:31 PM »

The astronomer shrugged. "Once in a blue moon," she said. Slinging Gammamon's bag over her shoulder, Keilani started walking towards the limo. She was outmaneuvered, however, when Malie shot up from her seat and near ran over her.

"Malie!" said Gammamon. "Wait for us!"

Al and Renee would be forced into run to catch up with the others. Malie had already ducked inside the limo by the time they caught up. It might have been the glare of the noonday sun, but the interior was almost pitch black.

"Come on, already!" said Malie as she reached out to grab the duffle bag out of Keilani's hands.

"My oh my~" came a woman's voice. "Had I known you'd be bringing luggage, I would have had my valet help out."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 11:47:42 PM »

“Whu- Malie?!”

Al was stunned for a second.. what had gotten into Malie all of a sudden? She’d always been bold.. brash sometimes even, but this was especially reckless in his opinion. But when they reached the limo and peered into the darkness.. the sudden voice made Alemana catch onto Malie’s upper arm even as she was half slung into the limousine at that point.

“Wait.”

There was an edge to his voice when he said that.. a tone he had almost never used with Malie before. He would then say to the darkened cab:

“I don’t mean to be rude.. but could you lean out so we can see you, Ma’am..?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 11:49:02 PM »

[Hmm... roll Persuade]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 11:50:50 PM »

[ 6,1,4 + 7 = 18]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2023, 12:00:58 AM »

Everyone's attention turned when they heard the back window lower. The first thing to catch Alemana's eye was long, white hair, and as the window pane whirred further down, he felt a jolt as he recognized the face that leaned out to greet him. It was the woman from the other day, the one he had seen from his car after fueling Viximon's tofu craze.

"Something the matter?" she asked, smiling with painted lips as she peered over her sunglasses.
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2023, 12:08:52 AM »

Al’s eyes widened as he slowly recognized her. There was no way.. the odds that this eerily attractive, bizarrely dressed tourist woman was actually a digimon were astronomical. And yet.. Renamon was standing in broad daylight too.. hidden in plain sight! His grip on Malie didn’t relax as he then tentatively said:

“I’ve seen you before.. just two days ago.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2023, 12:24:20 AM »

"I thought I recognized you," mused the stranger. "My name... is Arukenimon, though you can call me Theridia in public. Can't have the government snooping around, now can we?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2023, 12:35:54 AM »

Al would look at Malie, and then his sister and Renee before hesitantly letting go of his friend.. sliding into the vehicle with her.

“Theridia huh? Not exactly a common name, if you are trying to keep a low profile,” Al said as he then would add in a more polite tone- “Although I’m actually kinda glad that you are a digimon.. less likely for the locals to try to wine and dine you successfully,” he joked.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2023, 12:59:44 AM »

Slipping inside the limo, Al found the interior was dimly lit, with all the windows curtained. Leather seats stretched the length of the walls, and at the far back of it, Theridia sat as though lounging.

"Low profile?" she echoed. "Young man, there comes a time in my line of work where keeping a low profile is simple formality. But if you and your compatriots start calling me by my true name, well, that will draw eyes off me and onto your back."

As Renee closed the door to the limo, the group felt the floor rumble as the vehicle began to move.

"Now then," said Theridia as she closed up her window. "What business would you like to discuss? I'm told you're interested in finding your friend Kukuimon?"

Malie leaned forward. "Yes!" she said. "Do you know where he is?"

"Perhaps. And if not, I certainly have ways of finding out."

Keilani's eyes narrowed. "But not for free," she said.

"Mhmhm, I'm an information broker, Ms. Sonson. Once someone knows something, I can't exactly charge them for it. Not without sullying my reputation, anyway."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2023, 01:07:25 AM »

Al quirked a brow at that, and he would sigh a bit.

“So what sort of information are you hoping to get from us, I wonder.” He said as he then leaned forward as well. “Something must’ve happened if you’re that quick to respond to us after we met Spinny. Sorry.. KoDokugumon. I’m not complaining.. but it’s pretty interesting that you’re this eager to meet, considering how busy you must be.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 01:24:29 AM »

Smiling, Theridia began typing with one hand on a nearby laptop computer. "You already know about the distortions cropping up across Hilo," she said. "Normally, they don't disappear on their own, or without aid from certain factions on the government payroll." She then turned the computer to face the group, revealing a series of images of Al and the others climbing a window at Vivi's school. "Don't look so surprised. Even with as rare a find as your Eyesmon for a hacker, my network of informants extends outside of cyberspace."

("More likely she had KoDokugumon watching the police and just happened to spot us breaking in,") thought Renee.

Theridia continued. "The point of the matter is that I'm quite curious about how you've managed to seal the distortions so effectively. Does it have something to do with how you returned from the Digital World? I simply must know."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea