Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 14  (Read 2979 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2023, 06:42:22 PM »

“It’s gonna be okay guys. He’s not going to mess things up for us.. I can feel it.” He said as he gently leaned against Renamon. “So.. let’s get ready, this fight isn’t gonna be easy..”
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2023, 08:39:20 PM »

As Renamon put a paw on Al's shoulder and rest her cheek atop his head, Menehunemon began walking away. "First thing's first," said the dwarf. "We need to power up the heiau's Gate system."

Everyone glanced at their neighbor. They could see the tension, the weariness in how they held themselves. But so too was there resolve, and as they nodded amongst themselves, they began to follow the ancient digimon towards the ziggurat. Only Eyesmon hesitated, the dark dragon staring up at the sky where Stingmon had been, before she slithered after the others.

"I was hoping to go over this after MachGaogamon got here," said Menehunemon. "But right now, we need to get you up to speed. In order to activate the Gate, each tamer needs to channel their respective Ki'i power into the heiau's core. The good news is: we have all four of the Ki'i we need. The bad news is - from what you've told me: Lonomon's Ki'i's seen better days. This means we're gonna have to add a few extra steps to opening the Gate. Now, zapping Malie's digivice with three 'Akua's worth of power isn't what I'd call safe, especially since Kumon's is overcharged. That's why we need to channel the first three into a safe enough medium for Malie to siphon off power from."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2023, 09:19:15 PM »

“Wouldn’t it be better to go over this after we beat Varamon? We can’t even get to the gate if he’s around..”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2023, 09:32:30 PM »

"We can't risk having some critical part of the heiau being destroyed in whatever fight him and the Mo'omon bring. Repairs could take years to finish."

"Years?!" echoed half the group.

"It might look like an old stack of rocks, but the system it represents is extremely complex. But! If we power the Gate, I can transfer excess energy into fortifying the whole place. Making it safer for you to cut loose without breaking anything important."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:34:17 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2023, 02:33:01 AM »

Alemana balked at that. They didn’t have years to wait for fixes! Whatever was going on back home, they had to find Lonomon was soon as possible.. if the Heiau broke and they were stuck here for that long.. who knows what would happen?

“Okay.. okay so what do we do? How do we charge up the Gate and the Ki’i from here Kuku?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2023, 07:53:36 PM »

"Directly below the ziggurat here, there's a chamber I've been remodeling: four platforms surrounding a sacred object that'll act as a medium for all that holy energy we're going to be working with. Lemme show you."

Entering through an archway to the side of the monument, and down a flight of stairs the ancient digimon revealed the promised locale: a large chamber with a pyramid ceiling. The stonework was seamless, polished, and almost gave a faint, white glow despite its obsidian-black surface. Four ring-shaped platforms stood in perfect symmetry around a stone dais, atop of which was a rounded stone with a hole just above its center. It stood out not for its shape, but because it and it alone was made from porous, volcanic rock.

"...Looks like an old, stone food pounder," mused Malie.

"Looks like your only way home to me," countered kuku, "So shush. Winding back to what I said, each of you tamers need to stand in one of those rings. You'll each need to hold up your digivices and visualize your Ki'i shooting energy out of the screen and into THAT stone. Meanwhile, your partners'll be on standby to pull you out if something goes wrong."

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" asked Renamon, folding her arms.

"Hmph, you'll know it when I tell you, alopeke. What matters is making sure each Ki'i puts out the same amount of energy as the rest. Alemana's and Malie's Ki'i are gonna be the trickiest since they'll have to actively concentrate and watch for any changes in the output of their digivices."

"Oh," said Malie, the girl's smile vanishing as fast as Stingmon. "Well now we're in trouble..."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 08:02:17 PM »

Following with everyone else.. he whistled as they entered the Ziggurat chamber.. and when he lay eyes on the stone, and heard what Malie said- his mind couldn’t help but envision Kuku using said relic like a giant meat tenderizer, laughing maniacally  as he squished panicking lumps of cartoonish meat… and he nearly turned blue as he tried to keep himself from laughing.

.. but his cheer fell away just as fast as Malie’s smile as he looked at her.. and playfully bopped his knuckles on her shoulder

“Hey it’ll be okay, we got this!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2023, 08:19:06 PM »

Chuckling, the longhaired tamer nodded, returning the knuckle bob.

"How long'll this take?" asked Vivi.

"I don't know," said Menehunemon. "That's why we've gotta do it now while we've still got time." The dwarf then twirled the tip of his ko'i as he directed everyone to their positions. By his words, Al and Malie took opposite ends from each other, the two able to see their other's face through the hole in the strange stone. From there, Vivi took the platform to Al's left, while Ike took the one to his right. The digimon, meanwhile, took position behind their tamers, just outside of the ring.

("Nervous?") asked Renamon, the vulpine resting on one knee.

"TAMERS!!" called Menehunemon. "Digivices at the ready!"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2023, 08:24:26 PM »

(“Never,”) Alemana said confidently. They had come this far.. he couldn’t be scared off by the possibility of danger now. Holding up his Digivice, he nodded. “Ready!”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2023, 08:27:43 PM »

[Alright, roll me Perception 3 times.]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2023, 08:51:23 PM »

[Rolling: 2 4 2 + 6= 14

3 6 5 = 14

4 6 3 + 6 = 17]
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2023, 09:21:09 PM »

"Ready!" said Vivi.

"Ready!" said Malie.

"Yep, got it," said Ike.

"Focus on the stone!" said Menehunemon. "Visualize your Ki'i firing a beam of light into it!"

Alemana felt the air in front of his digivice pop, and in its wake he felt the pressure change. In a flash of light, his legs buckled as crimson energy shot out from his digivice, spiraling in a mad helix of fire and heat! Such was the raw force of the miracle that it threatened to push him off his feet!

"Al!" cried out Renamon, her words near drowned out by the roaring of the divine conflagration!

"Don't enter the ring until I say so!" warned Menehunemon, his voice somehow piercing through the din of noise.

Concentrating, Alemana continued to picture a straight beam of light. A small shift came over the helix in response, the width narrowing bit by bit. It bought the tamer enough time to check the others. He could see Ike behind a brilliant orb of golden light, like a second sun, the blonde backpaddling away from the edge of his platform as he found his footing. Vivi was doing better, with ocean blues firing at the stone like a drill of pressurized water. As for Malie, Al couldn't see her, the wild powers of Kumon were threatening to blind the boy as he looked straight ahead. He redoubled his efforts, focusing hard on the image in his mind, detailing every inch of what he saw in his mind's eye. As he did so, the spiral grew tighter and tighter, till at last it was a solid beam of red light. But the more strength of will put into controlling the miracle, the more it seemed to fight him. Al could feel beads of sweat pouring down his face, only to evaporate just as fast as the heat intensified. It got to a point where he had the back of his hands pressed against his chest, struggling to keep the digivice from punching a hole through him or else send him flying!
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2023, 10:24:13 PM »

“Right.. okay here we— Holy shi—!” The sudden torrent of divine energy nearly threw the digivice from his hands as he attempted to get the beam under control, grinding his feet and hissing through his teeth as he felt the relic fight him.. but he fought it back as hard as he could. “C’mon.. come ON! Get it together..!” He growled out, his glare from the blinding scarlet light growing deeper as his Digivice pushed against his chest with almost crushing force.

“Just.. fricking.. do what I want you to do! I didn’t .. come all this way.. just go have you go out of control and ruin everything!!!”

While he was talking about the energy… it could easily be interpreted that he was saying this about himself.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2023, 11:43:18 PM »

Blistering heat crackled in the air. Alemana could feel his lungs burning as he breathed it in. A swell of pressure and crimson light gathered around his digivice, and like a needle the beam went thin as it surged towards the central stone!

Ike and Vivi were already maintaining their own beams, their Ki'i's far from the intensity of Alemana's. But as the three powers made contact, the ritual stone was bathed in a radiant aura of scintillating colors! Circuit-patterns came to life all around the dais, slowly spreading outward across the floor.

"You're doing it, Keiki!" called Menehunemon's voice. "Maintain the connection!"

The combined miracle was fierce. It was taking every bit of Alemana's willpower to not fall to his knees or let go of his digivice. With the tempering of Kumon's power, though, he could see Malie. Her forelocks were being pushed out of her face by powerful wind as her digivice glowed a flickering green. It was like a candle in the middle of a storm, struggling to stay alight.

The glow of the floor's circuitry had reach the walls now, climbed up towards the apex of the room's ceiling. Just like that, a feeling in Al's gut invaded his thoughts. As the room became fully awash in divine energy, as the heiau's circuitry reached its zenith, a sounds like an inverted *BANG* pulled everyone's attention to the ritual stone. Four streams of light lay in its hollow center, like threads of living color. Red, yellow, blue, green. In the moment of awakening, the moment all was achieved - the green thread frayed and split. In tandem, the stone cracked, then shattered. The shards shot outward, only to hang in the air... then suddenly, everything became pulled towards one, single direction: Malie's digivice. Like a blackhole, her coral-orange digivice pulled at the other lines of power, siphoning everything and threatening to pull the other tamers along with them!

[Roll Endurance -5]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2023, 11:49:27 PM »

[ Rolling: 5 2 6 + 8- 5 = 16]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea