Malkavian Madness Network
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
SMF - Just Installed!
Forum Stats
7891 Posts in 95 Topics by 25 Members
Latest Member: fonoli
Home Help Search Login Register
Malkavian Madness Network  |  Other Systems  |  Digimon: Digital Adventures (Moderator: MrParaduo)  |  Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Digimon Story: Rainbow Traverse -- Chp 8  (Read 2977 times)
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 02:25:37 PM »

That made him chuckle as he gently squeezed her hand. “You definitely helped turn things around, that’s for sure..” he then would hug her a bit tighter. “Devidramon made me realized that things can go horribly wrong… and I’m not gonna lie.. I’m a little scared,” he whispered.
Just your average Teller of Stories.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

The Forum broke before the Gamers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 02:51:52 PM »

The vulpine leaned into her tamer, laying her chin across his head.

"It's alright," she whispered back. "I'm scared, too."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 02:57:15 PM »

“You’re scared? Of what’s?” Al asked, looking up at her.
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2022, 03:22:18 PM »

"A lot of things. Of you getting hurt, of making a mistake that puts others at risk, hmhm, of kuku's bad cooking." She then slid down the side of Al's head, looking into his eyes. "But being afraid doesn't make us weak," she whispered. "At times, it can overwhelm us, make us doubt ourselves... but sometimes, it can be a gift. It can remind us of what's important in life, what we're fighting for, and when others are just as frightened as we are--" she rested her forehead against Al's. "--that we're not alone in our struggles."

[Roll Torment with +3 from Renamon]
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2022, 04:16:53 PM »

[Rolling: 5 4 5+ 5 + 3= 22]

Alemana felt something resonate within him at those words, and suddenly tears began brimming at the corners of his eyes as he then hugged her tightly. Renamon was right, but in more ways than she imagined. Alemana had spent so long feeling like he had been abandoned by the people he loved most, and had felt crushing loneliness and bitterness towards his parents, the few friends he had at school, and most of all Keilani. He kept pushing people away and had taken it upon himself to try to taken on the burdens of the world by himself, and he had almost forgotten what Ohana truly was- he had just been paying lip service to a degree.

But here, surrounded by a group of people who in many ways had become his team- a second family even in such a short time.. being enveloped in Renamon’s arms.. it clicked. He had been gifted with friends, and a partner to rediscover what Ohana meant. And not just here.. he now understood that his sister, his parents. They hadn’t abandoned him- they still loved him just as much as they always had. Life merely changed around them, but it didn’t change the bond they shared.

“Thank… thank you Renamon..! “
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:18:49 PM by Korogra » Logged
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2022, 06:21:47 PM »

The fox smiled, closing her eyes as she and the boy sat there in each other's arms, taking in the quiet ambience. Or perhaps they were simply too tired to care how loud the others got. More so over once Kukuimon began his Gentle Song. Pagumon would sneak back downstairs to sleep with Ike as he snored, and Kukuimon would turn the light off before sleeping beside Malie, though he kept the TV on.

Basking in the glow of the news channel, the distant rumblings of thunder hushed by the pitter-patter of rain, the group slept beneath the watchful gaze of three Tumblemon from the balcony, till they, too, drifted to sleep.

The next day started late, already past noon when Al awoke. When he did so, he found the news still on, and Ike still out cold on his foam-bag chair. The digimon were gone, but so was Malie. And takeout food was strewn over the coffee table...
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2022, 06:49:40 PM »

Alemana would wake up, stretching and groaning. “Oh man.. haven’t slept on a beanbag since I was like nine.. how did you sleep Renamon?” He sleepily asked.. then he sat up when he saw that Renamon was nowhere to be seen.

“Renamon?”

Not just her, but the others seemed to be missing as well. “Malie? Kukuimon? Pagumon?”

That was when he started to nudge Ike

“Hey, pretty boy wake up… I think everyone ditched us-“
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »

The blond tamer snorted halfway through a snore as cracked open his eyes.

"Huh-? What? What's happening?" he yawned.

"Oh, good," came a voice. "You guys're finally awake."

The two tamers looked towards the basement door to see Gotsumon waving back at them. It then dawned on them both that neither of them were wearing their Troopmon Deluxe.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 08:00:58 PM by MrParaduo » Logged
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2022, 07:52:05 PM »

Alemana felt his heart skip a beat, and he instinctively patted himself down for his digivice while keeping eye contact with Gotsumon

“Hey there… where is everyone else?” He asked, not willing to try to fabricate a charade- clearly the jig was up
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2022, 08:00:47 PM »

"Lord Bucketmon stole my computer," he said, thumbing over his shoulder. "Kukuimon's downstairs with her. Your friend Pagumon's out back playing with the Tumblemon, aaaaaaand--no idea about Renamon."

"Are... are we still cool?" asked Ike.

Gotsumon shrugged. "Shouldn't we be?"
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2022, 08:13:32 PM »

“Oh, I see..”

(“Renamon, can you hear me?”)

He then rubbed his arm a bit at Gotsumon’s question. “Well some folk around here don’t seem to take kindly to people like us, so it doesn’t hurt to ask.”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »

*Rollz*

There came no response... yet somehow, the boy had the sneaking suspicion she was right behind him.

"I know," said Gotsumon. "And honestly? I don't really care. As long as you don't go wrecking the place or rip me off, it doesn't matter. 'Sides, the whole point of the Fright Shack & Laundromat is that you can be anything, so why not a digimon?"

"Really?" asked Ike. "Thanks dude, you're the best!"

"Also the idea of having wanted fugitives in my house that're responsible for billions of Bits in property damage reeeeeaally excites me. Reminds me of the good ole days."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 09:16:36 PM »

He then let out a sign of relief before he then had a question.

“Quick thing then: where are our costumes by the way?”
MrParaduo
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2022, 09:35:19 PM »

"In the laundry," said the rock digimon. "Where else? Given the gunk and grime, I'm surprised nobody's called you out for smelling ripe."

At this, Ike lifted up an arm and sniffed only to recoil.

"Look, we've been through a lot," he said. "Good hygiene ain't always an option."
Korogra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2022, 09:37:10 PM »

Alemana winced, but nodded. “Do you guys have a shower?”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea